what do I do?

jorogaine

Reaction score
So I started rogaine and finasteride on the first of February and since then my hairline has continued to recede and for some reason the left side of my head is thinning badly. I started at a Norwood 1.5 I think and it has progressed pretty quickly compared to how slow was losing my hair before that. During the 4 months I have been on this I missed a few days here and there, no one's perfect. My hairloss kind of halted in april. But I stopped for a week and a half all together in and during that week or so I shed alot. Scared as hell, I ordered some more minoxidil and I bought the liquid this time instead of the foam so I can apply it easier. I don't know if the combination of taking a week or so off and then switching to liquid would be the cause for my shed to pick up again for the whole month of may, but i have basically been shedding the full 4 months i have been on this stuff and i have lost a lot of ground. Do i stick with it or what? I need some answers or let me know if you have been in this boat before. Thanks.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
stick with it

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep going. Shedding can make it temporarily worse. Other than that, you need to take pictures, since you easily deceive yourself. It might not be that much worse.
By the way, how old are you?
where did you get the finasteride? How often do you apply minoxidil?

jorogaine

Reaction score
First off, I am turning 23. I apply the minoxidil once at night and I bought the finasteride from inhouse pharmacy. I know a little sketchy, but people claim it works all the same. And I have taken pictures.. definitely thinned out

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, stick with it! If it doesn't get better withing the next 8 months, add something to your regimen! My backup was and is ru, if things go the wrong way. Perhaps dutasteride too, but I would begin with the antiandrogen, since this ensures a 3 sided attack, and presumably is side free (although a bit sketchy).
Inhouse is legit, but they require a prescription now.
Perhaps you can add minoxidil foam in the morning?
By the way, do you mind posting the pics?

- - - Updated - - -

By the the way, you need to be more consistent. If you miss an application, and you are only applying it once daily, that's a long time without minoxidil. If you apply foam in the morning, and you miss one here and there, it will be less of a problem, obviously. One week without minoxidil in the beginning phase is waaay to much. Stick to your regimen and be consistent. Very consistent.

jorogaine

Reaction score
I am strongly considering weening off of the finasteride and continuing with minoxidil and nizoral. Would this induce another shed though? I wish I never touched this **** man my hair was ****ing good.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am strongly considering weening off of the finasteride and continuing with minoxidil and nizoral. Would this induce another shed though? I wish I never touched this **** man my hair was ****ing good.
This stuff cant make your hair worse, except for temporary initial shedding. If you want to make your hair worse, get off treatments. If you want your hair to be better stay on them. Why do you want to ween off finasteride? Do you have sides?

jorogaine

Reaction score
No but I don't like the idea of messing with my hormones. Can someone explain to me in detail what finasteride does to you.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me in detail what finasteride does to you.

That's a long list.

mHM3DMk_zpsc51abec0.gif

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
it inhibits the enzyme that converts T into DHT. The enzyme it inhibits is also has other minor functions. That's all it does. Not a long list

jorogaine

Reaction score
Thank you. Another thing that has happened since starting finasteride is I don't get random erections anymore. When I masterbate I can still get an erection but if I concentrate on something else for a split second I lose my erection, which never used to happen. Has this happened to anyone and is this a bad sign?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I and many others suffered the same exact sides. Throw the finasteride in the garbage.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the libido related sides become better as time passes, at least that happened in my case. its your call bro!

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
It's stupid to continue taking medication when you're having side effects. That's when things can become long term or permanent.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's stupid to continue taking medication when you're having side effects. That's when things can become long term or permanent.
a lot of pewople suffered sides and it became better, its evident from a lot of posts here and on other forums. it can become permanent, no doubt, but then what are the odds?

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
When you take finasteride, you're rolling the dice, but when you continue taking finasteride despite having side effects, then the odds are stacked against you.

I personally have trouble even recommending finasteride, let alone telling people to continue taking it while having side effects.

What happens when things go wrong ? There's no treatment for something like PFS, no matter how rare it may be.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that is true, even i am not recommending finasteride to him of for that matter telling him to quit it. At the end of the day its his decision, but people should know that sides dissipated for a LOT of people with time. What they want or dont want to do with their body is finally their call.

Aeroes

Established Member
Reaction score
it inhibits the enzyme that converts T into DHT. The enzyme it inhibits is also has other minor functions. That's all it does. Not a long list

Don't listen to this guy ^..Inhibits other minor functions...Way to over simplify it.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score