What Do Guys Do If They Are On Minoxidil But Want Hair Transplants?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As we know 2 weeks prior and ~4 weeks post surgery doctors persist that you have to discontinue minoxidil use due to potential skin issues that may occur during operation.

Problem is if you stop applications for so long, you will lose all your progress that you've built for all the years and then its not guaranteed you will ever get same results back, since seemingly minoxidil doesnt work as good next tries.

What do you do?

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I stopped using minoxidil 1month before hair transplant and started again 1month after. Everything OK

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's not long enough to kill results. In two months it may cause a bit of a shed, but it won't affect overall long term results.

Reaction score
Every doctor recommendations are different. U dont need a week before just like 2 days(minoxidil only stays in system like 12 or 24 hours)and you dont need a month after just like 2 weeks.( Once all the hairs are anchored in your good.)

But it's a small detail. Even if you take the full time like you said could you loose hair sure if you get back on will you regain most yes. You will lose way more hair from shockloss from the trauma of surgery than u will with a break from minoxidil.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Either stop 10 days before and continue 10 days after or switch to oral minoxidil for that period.

I just stopped it 10 days before and continued afterwards. Just for a case of preventing dandruff. No issues.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Either stop 10 days before and continue 10 days after or switch to oral minoxidil for that period.

I just stopped it 10 days before and continued afterwards. Just for a case of preventing dandruff. No issues.
didnt experiece massive shed after not having applied minoxidil for 20 days straight?