What Contributes To The Growth Of Forehead Hairs

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know minoxidil commonly causes face hairs on the cheeks and around the eyebrows and in between the sideburns and eyebrows; I think those hairs are just from minoxidil and not from anything anti androgenic. but how common are forehead hairs? Im sure that minoxidil is very helpful for these hairs but what I'm really wondering is if its minoxidil alone that is causing this? Im sure that DHT antagonizes head hair in the Norwood 0 region and that inhibitors/ anti androgens are good for regrowth there, but I am getting tiny hairs popping up recently all over alot of my forehead some which are below Norwood 0. basically tiny hairs between my eyebrows all the way up to my temples. most are not cosmetically significant yet and I noticed most of them sometime in the past 2 weeks keep popping up. And I am certainly not complaining about this cause the more hair the better :D.
so, would someone using minoxidil alone and eventually continued to bald and receed, would the forehead hairs remain or dissapear too? I suspect maybe these hairs are androgen related too because my girlfriend when I look closely has tiny black hairs all over her forehead. and they get more cosmetically noticeable closer to her hairline and its hard to tell exactly where her hairline starts because of all those forehead hairs. So, I suspect maybe her female hormonal profile has something to do with it?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello?

Reactions: Oro

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think its estrogen related as i have started to grow slim black hairs below my nw0 zone getting thicker and more frequent near my hairline since starting on spironolactone that weren't there before. My guess is maybe they are very sensitive to androgens? That may be why females have them and males don't, don't take mu word for it tho i might be completely wrong.
hmmmm, I'm not taking an anti androgen at the moment. only dutasteride, E, and minoxidil. but estrogen can sorta act as antiandrogen because it reduces T production and increase Shbg.
that's interesting, these below NW0 hairs appeared/thickened only after starting spironolactone? you still use minoxidil, how long were you using it before starting spironolactone?
it sounds like reducing androgens probably help forehead hair too more than what would grow with minoxidil alone.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen is able to attach to the receptor sites on cells that are normally occupied by testosterone so it can be classified as an antiangrogen, its not as effective as sprio or CPA if I'm not mistaken. So the E can attach to the receptors of those forehead hairs not allowing the androgen to take effect if E levels or strong antiandrogens are high enough.

what?! E can attach to the androgen receptor? I've never heard that before

I have been on minoxidil for 2 years after starting spironolactone I see more peach fuzz and some (very few so far) small black hairs starting from the center of my forehead getting a bit more common as you move towards the hairline. I've just started spironolactone tho so my results are not statistically accurate so far so I cant really take them as a definitive answer.
keep an eye on them bro

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also Estrogen saturates the T synthesizing pathway by antagonizing the T receptors are on cells that produce the precursor hormone that makes the testes produce T, meaning less T will be produced leading to a cascade effect where T levels will diminish. It is quite an effective antiandrogen but results are a bit random and not as effective as traditional strong AA.
yes, the Hpg axis doesn't seem to differentiate between estrogen and testosterone. so E can only be effective at t refuction if the levels are consistently high enough when its time for gnhr pulses.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I may be wrong on this, I know E is an antiandrogen but I'm not sure if its an antagonist, my bad.
That link you posted was very interesting, thanks! All the more reason to destroy Dht!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not at war with dht anymore, ive set my target on testosterone, I believe that destroying T levels is the one true cure for hairloss.
destroying both works best. and if you lower T then you are lowering Dht too. but according to that research, since the brain is a source of aromatase. taking T or E reduces T production but Dht does not.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah taking dutasteride and finasteride is great to antagonize any DHT that still gets produced. Hopefully the strong AA wont allow much of that to be produced.

Did you ever get your T levels tested? With the regrowth you've seen you're levels must be quite low.
I haven't gotten tested. That would probably be a pretty awkward conversation with the doctor.
But I know that my levels must be low, I never get morning wood, usually when I orgasm nothing comes out, I never get acne, hair regrowth and thickening is still increasing greatly.
maybe there was momentum from when I took cypro but E seems to be suppressing everything well. I will restart cypro in about a month though just in case.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats awesome, say did you ever post pics of your regrowth other than your icon cause I cant find any on your threads?

How did you never get sides with E? Gyno is such a crap side to have, did you never get any sides like this?
yes, I have a thread in success stories called exploring the hormonal route. ill probably update it again next month.
my temples were completely dead for years which is why im on an extreme regimen.

of course I got these sides. Sides are pretty intense but I decided to just shove the sides up the ***. As long as they dont became the size of basketballs!

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah damn, I try to eat only 400/500 calories a day so even if I get gyno I wont be fat enough for them to grow.
geez, id probably shrivel up and die eating that amount. boobs are both gland and fat, we can't control gland growth much but fat yes. If you are only 19 years old then you should probably definitely lay off the E since possibly you still have decent growth hormone levels.
I was brave enough because Ive always been quite slim with a high metabolism, also I started this regimen at 26 so I expect only a small pair... hopefully.