What Companies Are Leading The Way In Hair Cloning Transplants?

DJC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chris Wild had a procedure using hair cloning. I have heard of a few other companies doing tests. I feel like we have to be within 5 years of this technology.

Any companies looking promising?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chris wild had a procedure that is basically existing cells from the rear of the head injected elsewhere - it does as much as PRP.

The companies leading actual cloning is the work done by Prof. Tsuji along with Tissuse.

5 years is incredibly optimistic - either way be prepared to have at least 50-100k + for the privilege of these technologies

DJC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard several hair cloning companies who are doing tests, estimate their prices well under 10K. I stand corrected on Chris Wild as it does appear to be something similar to PRP.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have heard several hair cloning companies who are doing tests, estimate their prices well under 10K. I stand corrected on Chris Wild as it does appear to be something similar to PRP.

You're confusing hair cloning with cell cloning. Companies like Shiseido (who's trials were horrendous) 'clone' cells from the back of the head and re-inject them with the goal of revitalising existing hair follicles to previous health, however all evidence has shown their intentions not to come to fruition as expected at all.
The main hair clone companies which are expected to work are the ones that allow for unlimited transplantation which will be extremely costly.

DJC

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand what hair cloning is, which is what I am curious about. How is that technology coming? Any companies on the fore-front? Promising studies?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand what hair cloning is, which is what I am curious about. How is that technology coming? Any companies on the fore-front? Promising studies?
Nothing that will help any ou us...maybe your kids someday.

H

Reaction score
Any companies looking promising?
If they have other products sure. As for commercializing a new viable hair loss treatment that's just silly the industry doesn't do that.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
What's the use of hairloss cloning if doctors can't transplant at more than 40 grafts per centimeter density. And I believe that can be achieved now with transplants with some good doctors.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the use of hairloss cloning if doctors can't transplant at more than 40 grafts per centimeter density. And I believe that can be achieved now with transplants with some good doctors.

This was just covered in the Tsuji thread.

DJC

My Regimen
Reaction score
If they have other products sure. As for commercializing a new viable hair loss treatment that's just silly the industry doesn't do that.

I though Tsuji, Replicel and Stemson were all working on hair cloning solutions.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I though Tsuji, Replicel and Stemson were all working on hair cloning solutions.

Tsuji and Stemson have a chance of creating breakthrough treatments. Their tech reportedly resolves the inductivity issues. Replicel is sh*t just like Intercytex & Aderans. None of those treatments resolve the inductivity issues.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
Replicel is cloning cells not hair follicles I personally dont know much about Stemson and Tsuji + team were actually supposed to commercialize their treatment this year but when it came time to deliver they went dark which isn't really surprising looking back at the history of this industry and a bit of a foreshadowing imo.

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji and Stemson have a chance of creating breakthrough treatments. Their tech reportedly resolves the inductivity issues. Replicel is sh*t just like Intercytex & Aderans. None of those treatments resolve the inductivity issues.
Did Aderans not stop future loss though? According to wikipedia, it did:

'During Phase II trials they found that the process was not suitable for multiplication but instead it revitalized the follicles and successfully prevented future loss. The trials continued in 2012. Aderans decided to discontinue the funding of its hair multiplication research in July 2013.'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_cloning

The source cited by wiki claims:

'During these clinical experiments, the results revealed that the Ji Gami process may not cause actual hair multiplication, but instead revitalize hair follicles and permanently prevent these follicles from future loss. Though the treatment was now slightly different, ARI was pleased with the results and continued with late phase II trials in 2011 and 2012.'

I can't find any other sources to support this. However, if true, we at least know maintenance treatment is theoretically possible. Maintenance seems to be initial goal of Hairclone, although I don't have a huge amount of faith in them being successful.

Last edited:

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did Aderans not stop future loss though? According to wikipedia, it did:

'During Phase II trials they found that the process was not suitable for multiplication but instead it revitalized the follicles and successfully prevented future loss. The trials continued in 2012. Aderans decided to discontinue the funding of its hair multiplication research in July 2013.'

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_cloning

The source cited by wiki claims:

'During these clinical experiments, the results revealed that the Ji Gami process may not cause actual hair multiplication, but instead revitalize hair follicles and permanently prevent these follicles from future loss. Though the treatment was now slightly different, ARI was pleased with the results and continued with late phase II trials in 2011 and 2012.'

I can't find any other sources to support this. However, if true, we at least know maintenance treatment is theoretically possible. Maintenance seems to be initial goal of Hairclone, although I don't have a huge amount of faith in them being successful.

I need a lot of new hair and the companies spending money on the research want a product that will grow lots of new hair for lots of people. That's where the money is. There are already drugs available that will slow down hair loss for most people. If those drugs don't work on you then your out of luck for now. But don't feel alone because a lot of us guys who are missing lots of hair are out of luck with you.

There's no point in getting stuck on the fact that Aderans and Intercytex (and some other companies) can arrest hair loss. It doesn't matter. Companies are not going to invest a truckload of money on a treatment that will only arrest hair loss. Again, it is what it is.

The cell-based companies that have failed, failed because they were unable to solve the inductivity issue so they couldn't grow a lot of hair. The companies that can solve the inductivity issues are Tsuji, Stemson Therapeutics, and TissUse. Keep your eyes on these 3 companies, and maybe Follica as well.

Last edited:

Orwell

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need a lot of new hair and the companies spending money on the research want a product that will grow lots of new hair for lots of people. That's where the money is. There are already drugs available that will slow down hair for most people. If those drugs don't work on you then your out of luck for now. But don't feel too bad about that because a lot of us guys who are missing lots of hair are out of luck as well. It is what it is.

There's no point in getting stuck on the fact that Aderans and Intercytex (and some of these other cell-based companies) can arrest hair loss. It doesn't matter. Companies are not going to spend the money on a treatment that only arrests hair loss. Like I said, it is what it is.

The cell-based companies that have failed, failed because they were not able to solve the inductivity issue so they couldn't grow a lot of hair. The companies that can solve the inductivity issues are Tsuji, Stemson Therapeutics, and TissUse. Keep your eyes on these 3 companies.
You're right in that I'm thinking purely from a selfish perspective - for me it's pretty annoying as I have a lot of hair left and just want maintenance. Unfortunately, I'm ultimately destined for Norwood 7 and can't tolerate finasteride.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right in that I'm thinking purely from a selfish perspective - for me it's pretty annoying as I have a lot of hair left and just want maintenance. Unfortunately, I'm ultimately destined for Norwood 7 and can't tolerate finasteride.

I didn't mean to call you selfish. I don't think it's selfish for you try to keep from being disfigured. In my opinion, if you try to keep from being disfigured you're just being reasonable, not selfish.

My only point was that just because you want hair-research companies to take your individual situation more seriously doesn't mean that they will. In fact, they won't. They are going to do what's in THEIR interests and they believe that it's in their interests to bring to market a treatment that will grow lots of hair on people's heads. They do not believe that its in their interests to bring a treatment to market that only arrests hair loss. That's not good enough for them.

It is what it is. Like I said, you should keep your eye on Tsuji, TissUse, and Stemson Therapeutics. And maybe Follica.

Last edited: