What collagen supplements to take to negate aging effects from minoxidil?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take Biosil, not sure if it does anything but I think it's good for collagen.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the collagen depletion effects of minoxidil are overblown, but for my skins sake anyway i take 2g collagen, 2g MSM, 1g vitamin C to help the collagen and MSM work effectively, i would also recommend astaxanthin for general skin health, i take 12mg. Use retin-a 0.05% at night and a really good moisturizer in the morning. No issues with my skin using 5 or 10mg oral min and 10ml castor oil.

Pentanol

My Regimen
Reaction score
This may sound absolutely absurd, but decreasing collagen production in the scalp is actually ideal for hairloss. In both male and female individuals suffering from androgenic alopecia, localized collagen production in neighboring scalp tissue is very high, and this contributes to a process called perifollicular fibrosis. The climactic, unregulated activity of the growth factor known as TGF β on scalps of those suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia leads to the overproduction of collagen near hair follicles, causing perifollicular fibrosis, or the build-up of scar tissue in localized regions near the hair follicle. As you might imagine, this condensation of tissue inhibits the follicle from receiving enough nutrients over time, and in addition to androgenic molecules binding to receptors in the scalp, the hair follicle is diminished in quality as it progresses through the hair cycle. Please keep in mind the collagen can decrease on the outer skin wall (what others see) while being overactive directly underneath the scalp skin wall—this explains why balding men have thinner scalp skin, but high local production of collagen. The Donovon Clinic in British Columbia gives a good breakdown of the process.

jazz1

Reaction score
Folligen cream and shampoo.