What can Zinc do for me?

misterium

Reaction score
Currently I take 75mg a day (15mg in my multivitamin and another supplement with 50mg).

Any ideas on how this stuff is going to help?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol if you dont know ...why are you taking so much?? just stick with your multivitamin

misterium

Reaction score
Well I sweat a lot and I read zinc can help reduce sweat somehow or something. lol.

Any other benefits?

dustman2

Reaction score
Zinc is an inhibitor of DHT. DHT helps regulate sebaceous gland activity and the size of your pores.

misterium

Reaction score
???

misterium

Reaction score
Zinc blocks DHT?

Thus the blocking of DHT by zinc causes increased oil production?

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats alot of Zinc!!! - I would drop down. If you want to reduce oiliness look to take around 50 mgs for a short burst and then drop down to a lower dosage.

misterium

Reaction score
75mg of zinc a day is too much?

polster

Reaction score
Zinc work well to lessen oil production and if you have acne it has been studied that it improves your skin over a months period. Make sure you take copper supplement with zinc as they work synergistically with each other and too much zinc not healthy!

WiseJoeyD

Reaction score
Many supplements now use Zinc sulphate (used to be able to get ones with zine gluconate here in Boots UK) and I remember mention of different 'types' of zinc were more efective than others....anyone know which ones?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
polster said:
Zinc work well to lessen oil production and if you have acne it has been studied that it improves your skin over a months period. Make sure you take copper supplement with zinc as they work synergistically with each other and too much zinc not healthy!
And, make sure to take the copper and zinc separately. They will fight each other for absorption if taken at the same time. You could take the copper in morning and the zinc at night. :)

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
misterium said:
Well I sweat a lot and I read zinc can help reduce sweat somehow or something. lol.

Any other benefits?
I wouldn't take anymore than 30 mgs. a day. And the ratio between copper to zinc should be 1 to 10. So take like around 3 mgs. of copper and 30 mgs. of zinc a day. :)