What Can We Expect From 2018? Anything New, Anything Groundbreaking?

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, we can look forward to the results from the Setipiprant phase 2 study for male pattern baldness. We will finally get to see the real role of inhibiting the CRTH2 aka GPR44 receptor in male pattern baldness. Also, we may get unlucky and have to wait until late 2019 for the results. Currently, it is estimated that we will have the results by July of 2018. If the results are good, we can use Fevipiprant instead of Setipiprant when it is released for asthma in 2019 (projected to be released in 2019 for asthma). Fevipiprant is very similar to Setipiprant but it is stronger (lower IC50 value aka binds to the receptor better).

2020 edit: For people still reading this thread for whatever reason, Setipiprant failed to show positive results in the phase 2 study for hair loss and Fevipiprant will likely never be released for asthma/COPD because of it's failed results in multiple phase 3 trials.

Last edited:

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
i remember in 2016 i found the document that said Follica should be out in market by 2018. Now they still havent even started their last trial yet. I am going to start finasteride. Im norwood 3 and cant really hide it as well as I could 2 years ago.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i remember in 2016 i found the document that said Follica should be out in market by 2018. Now they still havent even started their last trial yet. I am going to start finasteride. Im norwood 3 and cant really hide it as well as I could 2 years ago.

If you look Noisette thread, I remember all their studies and test should be done in July 2018. So will be out in Q4 2018 or Q1 2019.

Toby0823

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We can expect more mouses with hipster haircuts

Lmao this made me laugh. If I had known I’d go bald I would’ve tried all kinds of interesting hair styles. These hipster styles are nice. Growing up the cool thing to have is a fade buzz cut.

Oh and it’s mice, not “mouses”

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
What surprises me is that there still isn't a synthetic solution to hair loss. Going the biological (for lack of a better word) way like Shiseido and what Tsuji is working on, and many other companies, is great of course, but many people would be satisfied with something that looks like the real thing. Synthetic hair transplanted on your scalp that somehow wouldn't be rejected, or some kind of synthetic scalp with hair on it that would be applied to your scalp. I know these exist already but they're a huge hassle. Make it look real, permanent and hassle free and tons of people would be happy about that. Anyway, I remember reading a thread here about some company(ies) putting some real efforts into these approach so here's hoping we'll see something eventually.

br1

Reaction score
What surprises me is that there still isn't a synthetic solution to hair loss. Going the biological (for lack of a better word) way like Shiseido and what Tsuji is working on, and many other companies, is great of course, but many people would be satisfied with something that looks like the real thing. Synthetic hair transplanted on your scalp that somehow wouldn't be rejected, or some kind of synthetic scalp with hair on it that would be applied to your scalp. I know these exist already but they're a huge hassle. Make it look real, permanent and hassle free and tons of people would be happy about that. Anyway, I remember reading a thread here about some company(ies) putting some real efforts into these approach so here's hoping we'll see something eventually.
Yes. It's called a WIG

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brozdu lotion will not c*m to market.

ainsley_harriott

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think L'oreal are creating something to that effect.