What Are Your Thought About Nose Surgery ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys , kind off topic but I would like to know your thought about nose surgery .
I have realized that even if hair loss is a huge thing, the face is even more important .
The thing is that I have quite a big nose . As a child and even until i was 15-16 i had a really perfect nose !
but then it got bigger and i have now a bulbous tip and a slight dorsal hump
The thing which bother me the most is the bulbous tip nose
I have considered doing a nose surgery since I was 15 , ( I am 25 now ) , however I have ever been afraid of making things worse = aka getting a feminine nose .
ALmost all nose surgery on male look " fake " , and too feminine .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure , but when i see older pics of me ( 15 -16 , even 17 yo) ; this is what I wan't to look like !
don't wan't to have brad pitt nose , but just my older one .
( and also keeping my hair !)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing is that i was thinking about this way before my hair loss started !
at that time Ithought that hair loss was something for those in their 50's /60's^^ .

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in a very similar situation. Pretty much same deal. Perfect nose until mid-late teen years. Hump + bulbus tip now. My current nosenis ok, but I'm like man I want my old nose back. I am scared it will look worse if I get surgery though. I think it really depends on the Doctor, but you would probably need a very good idea of exactly what you would want changed before you get it.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny you should ask. I have an appointment next month for consultation on rhinoplasty. Absolute must is choose surgeon that is very experienced and produces consistent patent satisfaction. Just like getting the right hair transplant Doctor, you don't want to f' it up. Not so much as with a facelift, but you want a surgeon that has worked on a good number of males and not just females. Look at lots of their before and after photos. A good surgeon will give you realistic outcomes, not just tell you he can give you what you want.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did several consultation ; one when i was 18 and one at 21 . but each time the result were not good enough ( too feminine ) .
this is a real gamble , because if it works I will look like before , but if it fail I would look weird .
but man , when i see some old pics with my 16 yo nose , it hurts me

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a rhinoplasty when I was 15 and did not regret it one bit. I had a hook nose with a bump, and my small face made it look even bigger. My profile was the main issue; from the front, it didn't look too bad. But it's true that it's a bigger decision for a man because you want to retain a masculine shape suitable to your features. I suggest you check out RealSelf; there's a wealth of information and before-after pictures. Have you sought opinions from your family/friends? I haven't seen your nose, but if it bothers you, I say go for it, but do your homework first (which I'm sure you will).

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny you should ask. I have an appointment next month for consultation on rhinoplasty. Absolute must is choose surgeon that is very experienced and produces consistent patent satisfaction. Just like getting the right hair transplant Doctor, you don't want to f' it up. Not so much as with a facelift, but you want a surgeon that has worked on a good number of males and not just females. Look at lots of their before and after photos. A good surgeon will give you realistic outcomes, not just tell you he can give you what you want.
Good luck! I hope all goes well if you go forward. What a high it is when those bandages come off, even with the swelling still there. Keep us posted.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat however I am in my 40s now. Have wanted to thin my nose for years especially since my hair is falling out bit I am too afraid to go under the knife. I mean, if the Dr. Is not on top of his/her game you are screwed!

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure , but when i see older pics of me ( 15 -16 , even 17 yo) ; this is what I wan't to look like !...

I'm with you on that @Michael sapin. I'll take what I looked like at 30. Even that is shocking enough for me.

I did several consultation ; one when i was 18 and one at 21 . but each time the result were not good enough ( too feminine ) .
this is a real gamble , because if it works I will look like before , but if it fail I would look weird .
but man , when i see some old pics with my 16 yo nose , it hurts me

Techniques have advanced since you were that age, but again, find a surgeon knowledgeable of them and skilled enough to use them well. Best of luck!

Yes, @Joan, I'll post some info on the outcome.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm in a very similar situation. Pretty much same deal. Perfect nose until mid-late teen years. Hump + bulbus tip now. My current nosenis ok, but I'm like man I want my old nose back. I am scared it will look worse if I get surgery though. I think it really depends on the Doctor, but you would probably need a very good idea of exactly what you would want changed before you get it.

lol yeah it is the same as me, it's wierd something must happen in the late teens. my nose was fine until then and i too had the bulbous tip and hump in the middle. practically all of my friends have this except for one of them and he looks a lot better because of it.
i guess it's why teenage boys aged 14/15 a lot of them look so young.

i am worried about surgery though just incase it looks a bit michael jackson. some people just look very wierd.
look at martin shkreli the "pharma bro" guy - look at how strange his nose looks; that is the danger of havign a nose job; you end up looking "unnatural" and basically just plain unsettling to look at; IMO i think martin shkreli was a bit of a fool to bring attention to himself when he looks like that and looking weird is part of the reason he was found guilty and sent to jail

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Cue Bald ; yes , this is strange . honestly my nose looked really perfect , even until my last highschool year !
but as I age , the bulbous tip got even bigger , etc ...
The real risk is indeed to look " unnatural " . I don't think nowadays you could look like michael jackson .
the thing is that i have a twin brother who did the nose surgery at 19 ; the result was good but quite " unnatural " , maybe too feminine .
Still better than baseline but not good enough according to me .

Pelopeleon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most "nose problems" are indeed maxilla problems. Make sure you correct the root of the problem before cutting your nose tip to pieces.

sachalamp

Established Member
Reaction score
Had one. Nose was big and crooked. It wasn't the best result, but it eliminated the bump, which is what was pissing me off. Don't regret doing it.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's odd, cartilage continues to grow so ears and nose get larger. Thus older, uglier and balder. Now we know why rock stars die at 27.