What Are Your Theories On Why Minoxidil Works For Some And Not Others?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not referring to whether you consistently use it, and whether you are also on a 5-ar inhibitor. There are many of us that have no results on minoxidil and others who have tremendous results. I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on why that is. I have heard the theory about needing certain quantities of the sulfotransferase enzyme in order for minoxidil to be effective. I am unsure if this is actually factual, but would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. If this is the case, do you think there is anyway to increase this enzyme in your body/scalp?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
The sulfotransferase enzyme.

Expect a minoxidil sulfotransferase combination treatment in five to ten years.
So there was a study done that children with autism have a deficiency of the sulfotransferase enzyme. Obviously no one cares enough to do this study for people with hair loss, but it still applies none the less. The study showed that epsom salt baths can increase your sulfate levels in the bloodstream by up to 4x, increasing sulfotransferase. Do you think this could possibly increase minoxidil effectiveness? Might try it regardless, not a fan of baths though.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So there was a study done that children with autism have a deficiency of the sulfotransferase enzyme. Obviously no one cares enough to do this study for people with hair loss, but it still applies none the less. The study showed that epsom salt baths can increase your sulfate levels in the bloodstream by up to 4x, increasing sulfotransferase. Do you think this could possibly increase minoxidil effectiveness? Might try it regardless, not a fan of baths though.

Nice detective work, try it and let us know.

Is 4x a lot? How much do sulfotransferase levels vary between people?