What Are Your Best Memories Before, During, And After Hair Loss?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before:
college and all the friendships that went with it.

During:
graduate school and falling in love. no noticeable hair loss to the outside eye. but every time i looked in the mirror there was a subtle worry. like the faint roar of a building wave, that got louder every time i looked. but this didn’t really take away from the enjoyment of this time..maybe 5-10% because of the subtle anxiety.

After:
now i’ve stabilized with a sickly looking rat’s nest on top of my head. probably my best memory is hanging out in a silent apartment complex during winter break, reading and playing video games. this leads me to believe that happiness post-hair loss will be in solitude, not company. maybe cats and dogs at the most!

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The worst thing about hair loss is that it changes the way you envision the future entirely. You can no longer idealize what is to come.

I did find some comfort raging online with some other crazy baldcels such as Mistgeburt, Scorpion/chinpoko, baldingcorpse, aames, Highlander...

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before: Damn there is so much!
I suffered sexual abuse as a 8-12 year old... regularly, and all kinds of abuse in school and at home. Yet at 20 I remember clearly feeling like the hardest man alive. Perhaps I ws too.... I was looking forward to life, and sometimes there would be such joy in my heart, I remember standing on the beach in Goa, India and crying tears of sheer joy.... thinking that I was finally out of my cage, and ready to fight any more monsters who stood in my way.

During: But no, I wasn't. he best night was when I decided to jump on finasteride. I felt so excited I couldn't sleep the whole night... and went for a run at 330 am on a winter morning. I felt I was taking back control over my life.

After: I got intimate with a girl for the first time AFTER hair loss. Or significant hair loss anyway.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
before?

In the 2 years I was single before I met my current and Hairloss was minimal but there, I was a raging sexual deviant.

After?

............................................................................................................................(puts finger up....... opens mouth, puts finger down and closes mouth)...................................................................

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
My life has never really changed from hair loss except the thousands of hours I put into research on it and experimentation I've done. Plus there were some years I felt hopeless over it.

But I was born with a terrible hairline so I've always combed my hair forward. I'm pretty sure no one except my close family has ever even known I was losing my hair at any time over the past 10 years.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before: Damn there is so much!
I suffered sexual abuse as a 8-12 year old... regularly, and all kinds of abuse in school and at home. Yet at 20 I remember clearly feeling like the hardest man alive. Perhaps I ws too.... I was looking forward to life, and sometimes there would be such joy in my heart, I remember standing on the beach in Goa, India and crying tears of sheer joy.... thinking that I was finally out of my cage, and ready to fight any more monsters who stood in my way.

During: But no, I wasn't. he best night was when I decided to jump on finasteride. I felt so excited I couldn't sleep the whole night... and went for a run at 330 am on a winter morning. I felt I was taking back control over my life.

After: I got intimate with a girl for the first time AFTER hair loss. Or significant hair loss anyway.

i’m happy to hear that you turned things around. the girl must not mind your hair too much!

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
before?

In the 2 years I was single before I met my current and Hairloss was minimal but there I was a raging sexual deviant.

After?

............................................................................................................................(puts finger up....... opens mouth, puts finger down and closes mouth)...................................................................

lol. the good moments definitely are few and far between. i can count on one hand the decent moments i’ve experienced since the birth of the rats nest.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
i’m happy to hear that you turned things around. the girl must not mind your hair too much!
I didn't really turn things around at all. Was in an LTR since before Hair Loss.... but could never find a way to sleep with her when in college.
used to look way better than her on the 1-10 scale back in the day....

Sadly, had to put an end to it. But that will always be the best *** I ever had. Even if I grow my hair back and pussy sticks to me like bird sh*t to a car roof.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before: I was socially awkward and generally uncool. Come to think of it, I probably never realized how cool I looked back then.

During: Was in a boys school, where people rampantly made fun of me. I tolerated it fine, but nowdays I feel like crying in a closet or something.

After and end: College. Was not fun. At this stage, apart from a select few, nobody really mocked me. At work, folks gave me all sorts of bullshit, e.g. marry early, treat hairloss otherwise your wife will suffer (wtf???), and all sorts of bullshit.

Getting hair back, won't change much for me I think. The only thing which will change is how others perceive me. I would love to walk to a convenience store and buy sh*t without folks hiding their kids from me one day.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before: Literally everyone complimenting my hair, feeling so confident

During: Dreading going outdoors and interacting with people

After: Ordering my helium tanks and writing my will

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was 24 I suffered a bad breakup so I ran away to Barcelona. I was on top of a mountain feeling sorry for myself when I met a beautiful Finish woman. We began talking for a while and before I knew it we were roaming around the city, drinking wine, soaking up the sun, and talking all day and all night.

We spent 2 perfect days together - it wasn't sexual - but even so, we had a magical time.

Just 2 pure days of wandering around a beautiful city and having those deep and open conversations that we are so often starved of.

I look back now and realise that this was kind of my peak.

Its not like I'm awful now or anything, but I will never be that excitable and open 24 year old again.

Hairlineforever

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before:
college and all the friendships that went with it.

During:
graduate school and falling in love. no noticeable hair loss to the outside eye. but every time i looked in the mirror there was a subtle worry. like the faint roar of a building wave, that got louder every time i looked. but this didn’t really take away from the enjoyment of this time..maybe 5-10% because of the subtle anxiety.

After:
now i’ve stabilized with a sickly looking rat’s nest on top of my head. probably my best memory is hanging out in a silent apartment complex during winter break, reading and playing video games. this leads me to believe that happiness post-hair loss will be in solitude, not company. maybe cats and dogs at the most!
spot on
happiness post-hair loss will be in solitude, not company.