What are these little thin hairs that fall out more frequently?

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep my hair pretty long, and as of recently my hair loss has pretty much cleared up except for these little hairs that are around an inch-ish long, have color but not a lot, and are really thin. The tips of them are completely white and so thin they're kind of hard to see. Anyone have these? They're definitely falling from where my hairline is receeding

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay. Yeah man, I know it's hair loss. The answer I'm looking for is why I am only losing these small hairs in comparison to my regular length hair that's like 4in long. I can see you don't know why, but I appreciate the reply.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Naturally, I am guessing Big TS, Its possible that what you are seeing are the DHT challenged follicles that haven't completely cycled out yet? Not sure what to make of the white you describe. Will have to flesh this one out a little better. If your regimen is new or you've added a new proponent your hair just may need more time to truly "stabilize". Congrats on the success so far. All the Best.
Okay. Yeah man, I know it's hair loss. The answer I'm looking for is why I am only losing these small hairs in comparison to my regular length hair that's like 4in long. I can see you don't know why, but I appreciate the reply.

BigTexasSexy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ID

I hope you're right and that these fallen hairs are simply following the cycle of new grown hair

vegetablelasagna_

Reaction score
I've been growing out my hair since september, started finasteride in November. My hair is around 4 inches now but I am definitely noticing the same thing you are. It seems about 70% of the hair I am shedding are only about an inch in length at most, thin and not very dark.

I shaked out my bathroom mat this weekend over the bathtub to see how much I was shedding over the past week, and about 70% of the hairs were exactly like you mentioned.

Anyways, I'm not exactly sure what it means either. But I'll take a guess that they are the miniaturized hair follicles afflicted with DHT. It's a much easier pill to swallow than watching healthy long hairs fall out, anyway.