What Are The Difficulties Of Having Long Hair

yung recession

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi friends, still trying to get a system in the future but I have so many questions. The main one is I have long hair right now, and I'd like to keep it that way when I get a system, would there be a problem making it not look like a wig if my hair is about 6 inches long and wavy? Another question I have is how hard would it be to maintain having dyed hair, I know I'd have to order a system with the color already in it but I feel like my bio hair underneath would grow out it's natural color and would need dying every so often because the roots would come through eventually and people would be able to tell it's a wig if I'm not careful. Can this be realistically achieved? Another question is about pools and the beach. So let's say I go swimming and I stay in the salt water for like an hour, does it really ruin the system? Thanks

Noah

Reaction score
Hi YR

There is no reason why a long-haired system would look any more wig-like than natural hair the same length. The key is not to go overboard on the density, to order a good graduated hairline with well-bleached knots, and get a good cut-in. Long hair takes looking after, but that is true whether it is all natural or partially a system.

Matching a system to dyed biohair could be problematic. Achieving an exact colour match using hair dye is a skilled job best done by a professional. Unless your hair is jet black, it would be quite difficult for a non-professional to do at home. I see you are only 21. Why do you need to dye your biohair, and what colour do you use?

Swimming in salt water will not ruin the system provided you wash the salt out when you have finished. It may shorten the lifespan a little, but probably not noticeably. The sun you get at the beach is much more of an issue. A 14 day beach holiday will pretty much wreck a hair system unless you take precautions to prevent sun damage, such as wearing a hat and using a good sunscreen. However, I wouldn't allow that to put you off. You have to wear the hair system, and not allow it to wear you. These things are relatively cheap, and should be regarded as disposable. If living a full active enjoyable life doing the things you want knocks a month of your hair system's lifespan, so what? It's a price worth paying.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
6" is not so long, I had 14". Just understand that when you order a stock system that is normally 6", not ALL the hair is 6" long, sometimes it's only 70%, because it is meant to be cut. You may need to find a stock that is longer than 6" (rare) or order a custom system that is 7" or 8" and have the guarantee that the hair is NO shorter than 7". This way it can be finished to match your own hair, once it is attached.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have long hair right now, and I'd like to keep it that way when I get a system, would there be a problem making it not look like a wig if my hair is about 6 inches long and wavy?

There is no reason a long hair system should look 'wig like' at all. As long as you have a good quality system with good quality hair, the right density and a good cut in, you'll be fine. Hair systems these days look totally realistic if done right.

Another question I have is how hard would it be to maintain having dyed hair, I know I'd have to order a system with the color already in it but I feel like my bio hair underneath would grow out it's natural color and would need dying every so often because the roots would come through eventually and people would be able to tell it's a wig if I'm not careful. Can this be realistically achieved?

There is no problem at all about dyed hair. If you dye your real hair, you can send a sample of it to the company who makes your custom system (or ask them for a colour ring to match to the colour if you prefer) and they will match the colour on the system to the colour of your dyed hair as closely as possible.

Hair systems can also be dyed, but you have to know what you're doing in order to do that successfully (or get an experienced stylist who is good with hair systems to do it for you). But in theory, you could potentially dye a system the same colour as you dye your real hair to get an exact match. This wouldn't be my first recommendation, but it can be done.

I don't see it being a problem about your bio hair underneath the system growing out. When you have a long hair partial system, the partial is going to have enough length to cover where your bio hair starts at the back and sides, so nobody will be able to see the roots of your bio hair anyway. Also, you can easily touch up the roots/redye your bio hair every so often if/when you notice the roots growing through. And even if your bio hair is a slightly different colour to the hair system, that won't necessarily look unnatural - people with long hair do that all the time, i.e. having different layers of hair in different colours for effect. As long as the hair itself looks real, it'll look fine.

Oh and avoid using the word 'wig'. A 'Hair System' is not a wig, but an integrated, undetectable semi-permanent hair replacement solution, as clarified in this blog post:

http://www.hairhub.com/blog/exactly-hair-replacement-system-wig/

I just think that once you dive in and go for it, you'll easily find solutions to these minor little issues and they won't be problems at all really.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It will get in the way of your sight when attaching. When you comb you the strength of the hair pulling is stronger. Or when running hand through hair and when you get stuck, you are stuck and you may lift an edge. Long hair gets knotted. It dries longer. When you soak in solvent, it's difficult to keep hair out of the solvent.

But there are many bonuses too, so I woulnd't worry too much about the difficulties.