What Are The Cleanest Adhesives And Tapes

Adam Lomax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I have a question regarding glue and tape. My skin is pretty sensitive and doesn’t like petrochemicals like Toluene and Benzene.
Has anyone found cleaner adhesives? I understand the hold won’t be as good but I don’t mind that. From my research Ghostbond and Hair Direct’s own brand appear to be the cleanest. I’m not sure about tape as manufacturers don’t share what ingredients you find in them.

Thanks!

Noah

Reaction score
You only get toluene and benzene in the superglue-type products that are meant to keep the system on for 4 weeks or more. There are so many reasons aside from the chemicals in the glue why that is not a good idea. Most hair system adhesives are water-based and intended to last for 7-14 days, and these don't contain those chemicals - Ghostbond, Ultrahold, Davlyn, ORWG (oil resistant white glue) are all popular brands in that category.

I think if you buy tape from a well-known western manufacturer like Walkers you will be safe from Frankenglues. Personally I use Walkers No-Shine tape, and have never had a problem with it.

Adam Lomax

My Regimen
Reaction score
You only get toluene and benzene in the superglue-type products that are meant to keep the system on for 4 weeks or more. There are so many reasons aside from the chemicals in the glue why that is not a good idea. Most hair system adhesives are water-based and intended to last for 7-14 days, and these don't contain those chemicals - Ghostbond, Ultrahold, Davlyn, ORWG (oil resistant white glue) are all popular brands in that category.

I think if you buy tape from a well-known western manufacturer like Walkers you will be safe from Frankenglues. Personally I use Walkers No-Shine tape, and have never had a problem with it.
Hi Noah

Thanks for your reply,that clears a lot up! Yeah I initially started with the 4 week one but it’s a nightmare to get off! Now I’m just on Ghostbond and Walker Ultra Tape. Might try out their No-Shine tape though,sounds like a good one!

Thanks

Adam

jeddah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah

Thanks for your reply,that clears a lot up! Yeah I initially started with the 4 week one but it’s a nightmare to get off! Now I’m just on Ghostbond and Walker Ultra Tape. Might try out their No-Shine tape though,sounds like a good one!

Thanks

Adam
Go to prohair labs ,official site and products. All ingredients are listed and full instructions. you can retouch just hairline if needed but they last 3 or 4 weeks. They guarantee no harmful ingredients in their glues and removal is easy with ultrasafe

Adam Lomax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go to prohair labs ,official site and products. All ingredients are listed and full instructions. you can retouch just hairline if needed but they last 3 or 4 weeks. They guarantee no harmful ingredients in their glues and removal is easy with ultrasafe
Thanks!!