What are the chances of there being a cure for baldness within the next ten years?

abcdefg

Reaction score
No, its not all about money. Maybe in some areas, but this kind of thing developing treatments to diseases like this is not one of them. There is good reason cancer and other complex diseases are not cured by now because its beyond our ability. Many of things we have just dont apply very well to this kind of stuff its still a big game of guessing and experimenting to find if something works and its all incredibly complicated. I dont think its at all uprising we only have what we have right now, but male pattern baldness is lower on the ladder then other problems as it probably should be.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt we'll have a cure anytime soon, and definitely not within 10 years. While baldness can have a very deep emotional impact on people, it's viewed as a cosmetic issue and won't receive the attention we wish it would. The market just isn't there. The only two FDA approved treatments were discovered as side effects from drugs that were developed for other purposes.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^ All the more reason to rally behind the cause Hellouser speaks of. Seriousness of the affliction in question should effect it's priority but what if the more serious condition is much harder to cure, taking much longer.

Here's a question hardly any of you are qualified to answer but still interesting none the less.... Which is harder to cure. Cancer or Baldness?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, its not all about money. Maybe in some areas, but this kind of thing developing treatments to diseases like this is not one of them. There is good reason cancer and other complex diseases are not cured by now because its beyond our ability. Many of things we have just dont apply very well to this kind of stuff its still a big game of guessing and experimenting to find if something works and its all incredibly complicated. I dont think its at all uprising we only have what we have right now, but male pattern baldness is lower on the ladder then other problems as it probably should be.

It is about money. Thats why pharmaceuticals are in to TREAT you, not cure you. Because they're going to have a life long supply of MONEY from you. Their job is to keep you just sick enough to keep you paying, but not healthy enough to be able to ditch their treatment. You think they'd want to give you a cure? They'd go out of business. Just like cancer cures... there's a cure, but big pharma doesn't want it. The CEO's at the top would never allow that. The 1% of the population is too filled with greed to let go of the 40% of all money they control... yes, thats right, 1% of the population has 40% of all the money there is.

If its not about money, than what is it about? Empathy? If thats the case, humans have existed for a long time. There's no empathy. Nobody gives a sh*t about our problem. If they did, we'd have had a cure a long time ago. Just like minoxidil and Propecia, they came by accident for hair loss. And just like Dr. Lauster who's got the holy grail, his work is tied to ending animal testing, NOT hair loss.

So if its not about money or empathy, then it must be a roadblock in research. Well... we know Lauster's got it. We know Aderan's almost has it. Follica is supposed to have it. Replicel might have it. Are any of those options available? No. Granted most of them need to go through clinical trials... but, suppose theyre released. What will the cost be? Astronomically high is a sure bet, as hair transplants are already high.

So whats the solution?

Well, when I mentioned having our own initiative to end this sh*t , people downplayed it. People are more content being passive, lazy and complacent. So, we're not even helping ourselves.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Would you guys rather have cancer and a full of head of hair, or be bald and healthy???

I am stupified by what I am reading here...

ganonford

Established Member
Reaction score
I now everyone is different, and everyone perceives pain in a very different way than others. In this world full of variables, the only constant we can trust is our will to struggle. It's fine being weak, but you have to give your all, even if you are weak.

I think people who preffer death over baldness are lazy and cowards.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I now everyone is different, and everyone perceives pain in a very different way than others. In this world full of variables, the only constant we can trust is our will to struggle. It's fine being weak, but you have to give your all, even if you are weak.

I think people who preffer death over baldness are lazy and cowards.

yes...I know it's hard to deal with baldness...but if pushes you to actually putting a gun to your head, then that's seriously getting it wrong...

humans have evolved on over-coming struggles..that is why we're all here...so you got that right

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well I disagree about the conspiracy thing where they have cures but hold it back because its more money to treat it. All the people working at all these companies, celebrities, everyone knows people that died from cancer. If there was a cure they would be curing close family and friends verses letting them die and trying to treat them. They are still humans and dont want people to die rather then curing them they just cant do it. Im not ever sure some late stage cancers will ever be cured in our lifetimes just too complicated with hundreds or thousands of things at play and there is just no way to figure it all out.

Helios

Reaction score
I've been wondering if hash oil might help in the quest to cure baldness. I've heard it cured lung cancer and skin cancer with some people, so maybe it might cure baldness aswell?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I a couple of years back said there was a 41% chance there is a cure in 3 years from now but I question that forecast now.
I would try and re-evaluate but I would need a decent list of trialed technologies with phases (and i have no idea how to treat the ambiguity of the term"Phase I/II") alongside clarification on what on earth is happening with aderans research, I hear the parent company cut the strings but were looking for replacement investment.
the problem with this forum is that (litrually) 99% of labrotory "breakthroughs" will not make it to a trial for one reason another.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay lets forget when, but who among the mentioned treatments will be the first?? follica??

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay lets forget when, but who among the mentioned treatments will be the first?? follica??

if ARI get funding, ARI (or whatever the new name becomes)

follica are promising too, they will pretty much win in the same order as the enter the 'race', it's not a matter of finishing in first place, it's a matter of finishing at all.