what are the chances of a shed happening to me?

bighair

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride and rogaine for just over 3 months now. I have been very happy with the results. I didnt pay attention to it at first because I was very busy at work and didnt see my friends much. I remember looking at it about 1.5 months in and thinking it had gotten worse at the crown. Thus I may have a had a shed back then but Im not fully sure.

However , right now it looks great and I would love to keep my hair like this. The crown has hair and I my hair looks great from every angle (not like it was when I was 14, but still!)

I have not noticed any shedding at all recently, but I have just started dating someone. This has gotten me thinking more about my appearance. Since it is very very early days in this relationship I dont want to f*** it up. The last thing I want to happen it to meet her in a a few weeks time and be bald :freaked:

I cant stop thinking about this now and I keep checking my hair to see if its shedding. I dont think it is, but I am sooooo worried it will happen now when I am trying to look my best.

I have heard 11-16 weeks which I right in the middle of right now.

My questions are:
1.) What are the chances that I will shed at this stage? Do most people not have a shed?
2.) If I do have a shed will I be worse than when I started the treatments. If I went back to what it was, then that wouldnt be toooo bad. But any worse would affect my confidence badly.
3.) should I be worried?

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
My questions are:
1.) What are the chances that I will shed at this stage? Do most people not have a shed?

100% if you keep looking in the mirror. Eventually you will see something which you will determine is the result of a shed. Stay away.

2.) If I do have a shed will I be worse than when I started the treatments. NO

If I went back to what it was, then that wouldnt be toooo bad. Unlikley

But any worse would affect my confidence badly.

3.) should I be worried?

No, you have treatments. Victorians had coconut oil, they were worried.