What Are The Best Glues For Oily Scalps

Dionysus57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

What glues/tapes have you tried that work best for oily scalps/working out?

Don't want a slip-sliding unit!

Thanks.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
GhostbondXL
Walkers Ultrathin (tapes).
Sunshine Tape - Stick it

Walkers Max Hold Sport for scalp prep

Dionysus57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the scalp prep recommendation as well! They're all going in my Amazon basket and I'm willing to give them a try!

For the alcohol do you use a flannel or something? Should probably invest in ones that aren't going to leave bits of cotton on my head.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the scalp prep recommendation as well! They're all going in my Amazon basket and I'm willing to give them a try!

For the alcohol do you use a flannel or something? Should probably invest in ones that aren't going to leave bits of cotton on my head.

I use paper towels to clean off the leftover glue.

I also use, BTW Prohair Labs No sweat, before the scalp protector.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! Are the Ultrathin tapes good for exposed hairline?

Walkers make a "no-shine" series of contoured tapes for hairlines. I have not tried them, I did try "Sunshine" one, but it it was ... very shiny. I GhostBondXL the front couple of cm with a hairline tape just beyond. This gives me the option to easily re-done the front, leaving the rest of the tape bond in-tact.

I would say give it a try. I am thinking of going all-tape when I get a new hair style.

JME

My Regimen
Reaction score
This for me is the only thing keeping me from going ahead and buying a hair piece with a high level of confidence. Hey @BaldBearded, the tapes and glue you've recommended in this thread, how reliable are they at keeping the hair piece completely stuck down on your scalp when sweating intensely from either exercise or hot temperatures? Many thanks

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Walkers make a "no-shine" series of contoured tapes for hairlines. I have not tried them, I did try "Sunshine" one, but it it was ... very shiny. I GhostBondXL the front couple of cm with a hairline tape just beyond. This gives me the option to easily re-done the front, leaving the rest of the tape bond in-tact.

I would say give it a try. I am thinking of going all-tape when I get a new hair style.

I think I may try it once I get confident with the skin system. Slightly anxious to be honest but excited as I'm getting it fitted today! Loving your hair btw! Beard is awesome too!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I may try it once I get confident with the skin system. Slightly anxious to be honest but excited as I'm getting it fitted today! Loving your hair btw! Beard is awesome too!

Wow, how cool. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the compliments!

Steve

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
So guys!!! I have visited a salon in Liverpool who fits hair replacement systems. I had my own so brought it for them to fit and style. Everything went smooth, the female (owner of the salon as it turned out) took my existing system to cut the template, returned with my new one which she cut to size. When she finished installing it looked very unusual from the distance. I stood up to see closer and the system looked like it was installed backwards with a very harsh hairline. As it turned out, she took the template, placed it !!!IN THE MIDDLE!!! of the new system and literally cut AROUND IT the template getting rid off the entire hairline!!!! Which is graduated on the 0.3mm skin systems. Needless to say I was absolutely livid. Words cannot express how upset I am. I have the old system back on my head now but it looks awful. So back to square one ordering new system and finishing another stylist!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Goldie that is an absolute nightmare. How could she make such a huge mistake? She probably isn't experienced.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, what a terrible experience... maybe you should consider traveling a bit? It could be worth it, especially if you can do maintenance DIY?

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Goldie that is an absolute nightmare. How could she make such a huge mistake? She probably isn't experienced.

According to their website, they are very experienced. Also had positive reviews so it being a professional salon I didn't really doubt it much. Shes clearly clueless which I made clear. She did admit that she messed up. Nightmare... Can't believe I've got to get a new system and find a place that can actually do their job.

Goldie Locks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, what a terrible experience... maybe you should consider traveling a bit? It could be worth it, especially if you can do maintenance DIY?

I do not mind commuting whatsoever, as long as the job is done right. I have travelled from Manchester to Liverpool because the salon looked decent and very professional in the heart of town... Absolutely gutted

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found no one to trust in Israel, I flew to Madrid, and glad I did. OK, my case is extreme, but I am highly satisfied.

I combined a vacation with the hair... now I do all my own maintenance and can order new units from my supplier. I will go back since I am considering a style change which will require a new template (larger coverage) and totally different density, curl, etc. I could probably handle it from here... but need a vacation.

If you are willing to go to London, I can refer you to my supplier, who has a salon in Central London (at the "W" hotel, I believe).

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
GhostbondXL
Walkers Ultrathin (tapes).
Sunshine Tape - Stick it

Walkers Max Hold Sport for scalp prep

Ghostbond XL is rubbish for an oily scalp, tried it. I got both oily and dry skin, came off in 5 days. Not much better than 4 days with regular.
Heard supreme was crap too.

Will be trying Ghostbond platinium, and Walker great white soon.