What are some of the early side effects and how soon ?

tobyhope

Reaction score
Well I just started taking propecia on Sunday the 30th so for 3 days now. Haven't noticed anything major yet but not sure if it is mental but I sense a reduced level of "penis hardiness" for lack of a better term or maybe it is more of sex drive. :-x I am very suprised that I am feeling something already and I think if I see any major change that I would have to cut down the dosage or stop all together.

How soon have side effects been reported and what were the side effects?

Anywhere I can find this information ?

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
tobyhope said:
How soon have side effects been reported and what were the side effects?

Anywhere I can find this information ?

Don't look too hard for side effects - don't expect them or even try to think about them. Sometimes the less you know, the better..

A list of reliable possible side effects would be in the product information sheet included with your medication.

jeffsss

Reaction score
these are a list of side effects i've heard about on this forum..

gyno :freaked2: puffy nipples, breast enlargement, tenderness
decreased sex drive
libido
head aches
cloudy thinking?
oily skin
acne
testicular pain

now since i'm not a doctor i cant say wether all of these are true.. but a lot of people seem to be having these sides..

i guess merck* says that the sides are less than 2% for patients, so chances are you wont get any..

if you do get any sides, getting off propecia should help end most sides.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Lasting sides are rare. What is more common, but still not typical, is to have mild sexual side issues for a few weeks while your body adjusts. For me I was less hard after 2 weeks, but back to normal a week or so later. Scary, yes, but since I expected it to go away I didn't freak out.