What are my options? (Stress triggered diffuse balding pattern)

Adam23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forum but been following quietly for awhile. I began diffuse thinning after a period of severe insomnia in my life about 5 years ago. It essentially triggered my balding process. My father is a nw7, so is his father. And all his brothers. On my mothers side, everyone, including my grandpa, have a full of head hair. Just mild widows peak hairline. They all have thick hair though. I believe my balding pattern is a diffuse one all over the scalp. Which makes it confusing as I don't know if my hair loss will stop eventually or not, since the sides of my head are holding up well, and so is the back. The whole top of my head or scalp has gotten really thing. The only part where skin is showing is the frontal lobe area. It is not traditional recession, more like heavier balding on that frontal area. It looks like I receded straight upwards about an inch or inch and a half. My right temple caught up with that new 'hairline' if you will, and now my left one is catching up too. It's been at that 'hairline' for a while now. I have been diffuse thinning for five-six years now. The bottom half of my crown, or the upper portion of the back of my head, is a lot thicker than the hair on the scalp. So, I am not having a bald crown spot in the back. Which makes me wonder will the upper portion of the back of my head hold up like this forever, or will it eventually start falling out too, and lead to a nw7 scenario? And will my hair loss potentially stop at this new 'hairline' and just be very thin on top? Or will it keep going till whole scalp is bald? I am asking because I would have thought by now my crown area would be balding badly and the 'recession' will be more closer to the middle of the head. When people say me they think I am just balding at the front or receding, but it's actually diffuse thinning all over the scalp. I just don't know if this is a common nw6 balding pattern or not. Will it eventually move to sides and back of head as well?

I'm wondering as I'd consider a hair transplant to increase density or illusion of density on top of hair in future if the hair loss stops. I am okay with the higher hairline and frontal lobe area showing as it kind of looks natural on my head shape and face shape, especially from the side. From the front I look I have a taller forehead though. I hair transplant can slightly improve hairline and temples, and increase density in front third/half which is where I need it because of concave head and needing illusion of density in the front. I'm aware though that if this doesn't stop, a hair transplant will not suffice if I don't on the big three.

The issue is I'm religious and waiting for marriage. I plan to get married next year. I'm worried about some pfs from finesteride use. I don't care about chasing women and stuff. It's just I want a good marriage and also I like how I look with hair. Without hair I'd look like a different person and lose lots of my glory. My hair accents my head and face shape. It is not the end of the world if I do go bald, as I can wear a cap, grow a cool beard, and keep trying to make gains at the gym. But, I want to weigh my options:

1.) Should I get on big 3 and take the risk?
2.) Wait for Kintor treatment to replace propecia?
3.) Get a transplant now to fix frontal third area and add some grafts to mid and rear scalp, to buy me several years for securing marriage and establishing career. And for new treatments like Kintor one to come out, then hop on those with minoxidil and so forth?

I am currently still losing hair everyday, about 20-35 hairs in the shower. I am also feeling like a mild tingling sensation in back of my head. I'm worried if this means the balding on upper portion of my head is beginning? Or this is just from recent anxiety because it's starting to stress me out more as hair density on top is getting too low. And I'm having trouble styling my hair. Would appreciate your guys/gals input.