What am I on the Norwood scale?

abumuqaatil

Reaction score
20140903_150637-1.jpg20140903_145953-1.jpg

Hi All

New member here. I have been gradually thinning since I was 21. I am 34 now and want to do something about it.
How bad is my hair loss? What Norwood am I ? Is there still hope for me?
I am considering finasteride 1mg without minoxidil. I hope this will work but I'm absolutely terrified about the sides.
I am currently suffering from extreme depression regarding my thinning.
Any help and or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thx

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Not sure about your norwood, but I definitely see the diffuse thinning. I am not going to get into all the finasteride sides nonsense. There is more than enough of that stuff around here as it is. I will just keep it as simple as possible. Get on finasteride and give yourself a chance to keep/regrow your hair or go bald.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
NW1, diffuse thinning.
Start finasteride and don't think about sides.

abumuqaatil

Reaction score
I will start with the Finasteride then. I'll order some generic one from the web and keep you guys updated. I do understand everyone reacts differently.
Just out of curiosity do you think I should start minoxidil as well? Or wait for the fins results. Also what does the Nizoral do?

abumuqaatil

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping my own thread.. But I would just like to know.. Should I start with the finasteride first for a year wait for results then consider minoxidil? Or should I start them both together. Pictures of my thinning were posted already. Thx

theonelink

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping my own thread.. But I would just like to know.. Should I start with the finasteride first for a year wait for results then consider minoxidil? Or should I start them both together. Pictures of my thinning were posted already. Thx

Just start with finasteride, minoxidil is a hassle... you can always add it later if needed. Wait a year and you'll probably regrow a lot of that, you can use concealers in the mean time and you will look like you have the hair of a 12 year old

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score

I agree with what the other guy said. Try to avoid minoxidil for now, you have decent coverage still and finasteride generally works better on diffusers. Good luck!

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi abumuqaatil, I suggest to start with finasteride first, then introduce minoxidil after a year if you like. That way you will know how finasteride works for you. I have seen some fantastic finasteride results on diffuse thinners such as yourself where the hair miniaturisation is practically reversed so best of luck!

abumuqaatil

Reaction score
Just over two years later I thought I'd post this.

Started the finasteride plus minoxidil plus the shampoo and have never been happier.

Stopped the loss dead in its tracks.

Don't give up guys. Btw no side effects.

Attachments

• IMG_20161209_080746.jpg
    IMG_20161209_080746.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 277

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats! I would avoid hair gel though, it makes hair clump which you don't want if you're a diffuse thinner