What age do you consider to be pre-mature balding?

cuebald

Reaction score
Saw a ~18 - 19 year old emo kid in the city centre today, out with his mother. He had long died black hair with a long fringe, but when he turned around (I was behind him in line for an ATM) he had major vertex thinning, I'm talking past NW3v here... I don't know if he was even aware it existed, there's no way you could see it looking normally into a mirror (he had a NW1 hairline).. that kid is going to get a shock some time soon. Unless it was caused by something he put in his hair?

I also know a 24 year old NW6 who's been NW6 since he was 21 or so, he's also quite overweight. Ever since I knew him he was bald, it was a shock to see his driving license photo taken at 18 showing thick, curly blonde hair. He has the typical extroverted personality though, so it doesn't seem to bother him at all. Out of everyone I know, he's the only bald/balding guy I know, everyone else (20-30 year old range) is NW1.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
Saw a ~18 - 19 year old emo kid in the city centre today, out with his mother. He had long died black hair with a long fringe, but when he turned around (I was behind him in line for an ATM) he had major vertex thinning, I'm talking past NW3v here... I don't know if he was even aware it existed, there's no way you could see it looking normally into a mirror (he had a NW1 hairline).. that kid is going to get a shock some time soon. Unless it was caused by something he put in his hair?

Yeh that type of hairloss is kinda sneaky. I've just recently discovered my vertex is thinner than the rest of my scalp since i shaved my head. I always thought you lose hair at the temples and crown providing your not a diffuse thinner. I was wrong.

BaldNative

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
If you're NW3 and in your 20's or early 30's, thats really not fun at all, it absolutely decreases your chances with women (at least as much so as being fat/short) and hurts your ability to get a job.

Dude that really fvckin put me in a bad mood bro. Watch what you say and stop being a negative peace of sh!t.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hey, baldnative! What Norwood are you? You sound like a 5, like me.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BaldNative said:
ClayShaw said:
If you're NW3 and in your 20's or early 30's, thats really not fun at all, it absolutely decreases your chances with women (at least as much so as being fat/short) and hurts your ability to get a job.

Dude that really fvckin put me in a bad mood bro. Watch what you say and stop being a negative peace of sh!t.

I guess I was trying to be sympathetic, not put people in a bad mood. Sorry.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oh dear clayshaw. Looks like you upset someone.

Didnt you just post a little story about bald guys doing well with women in another thread? hmm..not very bright of you. : )

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
oh dear clayshaw. Looks like you upset someone.

Didnt you just post a little story about bald guys doing well with women in another thread? hmm..not very bright of you. : )

I'm laughing to myself as I read this post...
I'm done with arguing with you. Its not even fair. You're what, 19, 20? When you mature a little bit, you'll understand.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The last thing i want to do is argue with you. Its 100% pointless. I think you will find you attacked me initially. Fair enough you didnt agree with my outlook on an issue and by all means challenge it but no need to throw personal attacks in aswell. Obviously i would defend myself after reading it.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
The last thing i want to do is argue with you. Its 100% pointless. I think you will find you attacked me initially. Fair enough you didnt agree with my outlook on an issue and by all means challenge it but no need to throw personal attacks in aswell. Obviously i would defend myself after reading it.

I will attack people who don't take a plea for help lightly. I do not apologize for that. People who discuss suicide are not f*****g around.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The reason i said what i did is because i feel thats its an awful thing aswell and i hate to hear people considering as it angers me that someone would throw it away. When i say what i said im trying to use shock value to make them think f*** this and stand up and try work it out. I have been very sympathetic to people such as that op before.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
The reason i said what i did is because i feel thats its an awful thing aswell and i hate to hear people considering as it angers me that someone would throw it away. When i say what i said im trying to use shock value to make them think f*ck this and stand up and try work it out. I have been very sympathetic to people such as that op before.

Ok. This is over now...
But, in the future, be very careful what you say. I'm not a mental health professional, and I'm guessing you're not either. Just remember, anyone considering suicide is in a very fragile state. Yeah, maybe the guy that started that thread just needed to vent, and he was never a suicide risk. But he did say something like I NEED HELP NOW. So maybe he was a suicide risk. Because I'm not a surgeon, I would not attempt open heart surgery. Because I'm not a mental health professional, I am very cautious about what I say in situations like that.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
i started receding at 15. school was really fun.