What Actually Works Against Dark Circles Under The Eyes?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Please, no pseudoscience, no unfounded conspiracies about minoxidil.

Just facts.
David, products with Vitamin K, Caffeine, and retinol are supposed to work well. Until then you might have to use a concealer like women do. At this point, concealers in general are now more acceptable for both sexes.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
David, products with Vitamin K, Caffeine, and retinol are supposed to work well. Until then you might have to use a concealer like women do. At this point, concealers in general are now more acceptable for both sexes.

Do those products heal the dark circles or prevent them from getting worse? How do you know they work? Can you recommend one? What's a concealer? What about laser-related surgery?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Do those products heal the dark circles or prevent them from getting worse? How do you know they work? Can you recommend one? What's a concealer? What about laser-related surgery?
Concealers are make up. I like Dermalogica's Age Smart Power Firm.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get caught wearing make-up by your coworkers, your friends or your girlfriend...

cms-image-000000735.gif

I have a container of sunscreen on my office desk right now.

I think that's all right.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try really cold water, almost freezing temperatures in a shower, models do it.

Lots of things really do cause circles around eyes. Allergies, aging (skin gets thinner, for some
ethnic types).

Not getting enough sleep.

This boring blog I'm typing now...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it hyper pigmentation (comes from hormones) or is it underneath like the blueish blood vessels?

if its loss of fat or collogen--which can make that bluish tint more apparent or hollow-- the they can put filler in tear-through but i think you have to see someone who knows exactly wtf they are doing with this for both product and technique for that area or they can really mess you up.

Honestly i would not stress this--i never heard a woman turn down a guy because he had dark circles under his eyes. Not a guy in his 30s.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try really cold water, almost freezing temperatures in a shower, models do it.

Lots of things really do cause circles around eyes. Allergies, aging (skin gets thinner, for some
ethnic types).

Not getting enough sleep.

This boring blog I'm typing now...

anything cold under the eyes is a quick fix for sure...cucumbers, tea bags, some people even use spoons from freezer...but its more to tighten the skin--which can help if the 'loosening' of the skin from lack of sleep is causing a shadow. (but maybe it contracts the blood vessels too?)

Just dont use preparation H LOL i mean it works really well it shrinks tissue but it will burn the living sh*t out of eyes if it gets in.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
is it hyper pigmentation (comes from hormones) or is it underneath like the blueish blood vessels?

if its loss of fat or collogen--which can make that bluish tint more apparent or hollow-- the they can put filler in tear-through but i think you have to see someone who knows exactly wtf they are doing with this for both product and technique for that area or they can really mess you up.

Honestly i would not stress this--i never heard a woman turn down a guy because he had dark circles under his eyes. Not a guy in his 30s.

The reasons for somebody's unattractiveness are not necessarily consciously noticed. For example, did anybody every bring up facial symmetry as hot before scientists noticed? I don't think so, but it tuns out to be really important.

I never noticed my own dark circles until the minoxidil fear mongers made me notice. I have dark circles, I checked my facebook and it turns out I've had them for a while, since before minoxidil. I looked around today now that I've been made hyper conscious, it turns out everybody has them. With that said, I'd like to reduce mine as much as possible.

I did not understand your first sentence, I'll post a picture shortly.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Test image.

Attachments

• 1488250868350-1097621181.jpg
    1488250868350-1097621181.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 256

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding the cold water i should just work up the balls to take cold showers.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Test image.

David you are getting BDD there are no dark circles.

Ask the most harshest critics you trust on site if you dont believe me.

thats just a shadow from brow bone in photos.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
these are children with dark circles...this is when there is a blue tint under the eyes due to blood vessels...this a hereditary kind of darkness that some people just have...I think the claim is some people that use minoxocil get this effect (i have not actually seen photos of this claim just claims)

380161_10150491516166214_618051213_10656289_994719545_n.jpg
joliept4021115_01.jpg

here is a woman who has deep set eyes so this can also cause a little shadow but I think she is also aging a little...not horrible its jus worse in the darker shadowy pic

ba56ebe02bb48448554d1b980201e44e.jpg

I dont see either types on your eyes...I see just that your eyes are a little deep set and you have dark skin.

you don't even look 'tired' or puffy in pic. some people have allergies and get that 'tired' look around eyes that causes darkness also.