What About The Shedding Effect When Starting To Use A Laser Comb When Being Already A Minoxidil User

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started loosing my hair when I was 20 years old and since then I started using minoxidil 5%. I have been using minoxidil 5% for about 7 years now and I have a normal full thick hair. However, there are some parts on my head where hair follicles are a little thinner than others, and for that reason I was thinking about starting to use a laser comb now.

When I started using minoxidil for the first time I had the shedding effect for about 1 month but then it stopped and the new hair folicles appeared. I am concerned because I don´t know if I will have the shedding effect again if I start using a laser comb for the first time, now that I am already a minoxidil user.

My question is, if a minoxdil user will face with shedding effect again when staring to use a laser comb treatment for the first time?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think laser comb its a scam, if minoxidil still working after all this years for you just stay using minoxidil

Do you have pictures of your hair?

georgenicaboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think laser comb its a scam, if minoxidil still working after all this years for you just stay using minoxidil

Hi MrPortugal,

I think I will try using the laser comb. My concern is about if I will have the shedding effect again, even If I keep using minoxidil while starting to use the laser comb (using both minoxidil and the laser comb at the same time).

Sorry but I don´t like sharing pictures of myself on the web, but I'd be more than happy to share my experience with minoxidil during these 7 years. All I can say is that I'm happy with the results, but just want to improve some areas where I feel my hair a little thin. If there is anything else I could help you with or any question you have let me know :)

Best regards friend,

Last edited:

Elenaforbes

My Regimen
Reaction score

It is really hard to tell whether laser comb is effective or not. Just like laser cap, there are so many success stories online, but at the same time, there are also many cases showing that laser cap treatment is a scam.

FinasterideCessation2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
there a some double blind placebo controlled study that say it has a benefit.

I'll start with lllt soon, addinga it to Minoxidil, to compensate finasteride cessation.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally i think its a massive scam, i would go for Finesteride (topical or oral)

FinasterideCessation2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm off finasteride since 5 month. trying to add something to Minoxidil.

please look at the papers, there seem to be a scientific backed effect of lllt!

FinasterideCessation2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jimenez, Joaquin J., Tongyu C. Wikramanayake, Wilma Bergfeld,Maria Hordinsky, Janet G. Hickman, Michael R. Hamblin, andLawrence A. Schachner. 2014. “Efficacy and Safety of a Low-levelLaser Device in the Treatment of Male and Female Pattern HairLoss: A Multicenter, Randomized, Sham Device-controlled, Double-blind Study.” American Journal of Clinical Dermatology 15 (1):115-127. doi:10.1007/s40257-013-0060-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40257-013-0060-6.