What About My Sides? Are They Dead?

John1337

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to get a hair system, but I noticed that my sides dont look good, so... I know I have DPA, but do I have DUPA? Or what is this? I know my dermatologist said that my sides didnt look that great either 2 years ago. But I never really thought about it until now. Is there any hope for me?
All pics are of clean hair:

imgur.com/a/wkgCpFf

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like DUPA.

It's also very short. Some guys look better with a bit of length.

You can do a hair system, you can fade the sides, or do an undercut with the side and back hair clipped very short.

So YES, you have options.

You will need to find a stylist/salon who has good experience with this to do your cut-in/style.

Carl McSwankie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to get a hair system, but I noticed that my sides dont look good, so... I know I have DPA, but do I have DUPA? Or what is this? I know my dermatologist said that my sides didnt look that great either 2 years ago. But I never really thought about it until now. Is there any hope for me?
All pics are of clean hair:

imgur.com/a/wkgCpFf
How old are you? You can only get DUPA I hear in your 20 and 30's. Could you not ask for a full or whole cap that covers the side and the back as well???

John1337

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? You can only get DUPA I hear in your 20 and 30's. Could you not ask for a full or whole cap that covers the side and the back as well???
Im 24. But Ive had this pattern for a few years.
And sure, I could ask for a full-cap, but that just seems sub-optimal in so many ways that Id rather try a regular hairpiece.