What about Finpecia?? It is as effective as Propecia??

fran33

Reaction score
Hello again.

I want just to ask about your experience with Finpecia, the generic finasteride, much more cheaper than trade mark propecia. I suppose it must be the same.....Isnt it?

Warrior101

Established Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be... but i doubt its effectiveness.. i havent seen good results with it and im switching back to proscar finasteride.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Warrior please don't spread paranoia. A downturn could be due to anything and it is most likey not due to switching brand names. The generics are made by major pharmaceutical companies and contain the same chemicals as the brand name stuff.

Fran get fincar instead and cut it into 1/4s or 5ths. Fincar is the same as Proscar and contains 5mg of finasteride as opposed to 1mg in finasteride/propecia. Fincar costs the same as finpecia per pill so you save more that way.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fran33 said:
Dinzy: Fincar is more effective than Finpecia?

Thanks

Fincar, Finpecia, Proscar and Propecia are all the same drug.

Proscar = 5mg of finasteride made by Merck.

Fincar= 5mg of finasteride made by Cipla.

Propecia = 1mg of finasteride made by Merck.

Finpecia= 1mg of finasteride made by Cipla.

It is cheaper to buy either of the 5mg products (Proscar or Fincar) and split them into 4 or 5 daily doses.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Fran: If I am not mistaken, I just bought 90 fincar pills made by CIPLA from Pharma-drugs (link off this site) for about 70 bucks. So that is less than a buck a pill (US dollars, obviously), and when you cut it four ways to yield 1.25 mgs (which is PERFECTLY FINE to take), you are talking cents per dose.

I am amazed at the guys who talk about price/costs. You could damn near be homeless and afford fincar. You could get up the money to pay for fincar by standing on a street corner for about 5 minutes in any major US city.

Do yourself a favor, order fincar (generic Proscar), cut it with a pill cutter, 4 or 5 ways (4 is easier, into quarters) and start taking one a day. Use Head and Shoulders, and if you need regrowth, minoxidil, again, available in generics for a few bucks here in the States.

Then cruise this site, and read those who have had encouraging results. Like myself. Don't worry about side effects as they are EXTREMEMLY uncommon.

Then go out and enjoy life, and consider your progress about every three months (mirrors, photos, a trusted friend, or family member).

That is basically the only real advice you need. Oh, and read and listen to the advice of guys like Cassin, and Tynan.

fran33

Reaction score
Thank you very much for all your answer, friends.

Resultsnottypical: :lol: I like your humour sense hehe Thanks for your advices :)

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck dude, and if it doesn't work, after you have given it a solid year, then throw in the towel and shave your head, something I have done for four or five years. Hey, I miss my hair as much as the next guy, but I know I can live without it.

I have had good results with the big three..VERY good results, but if it were all gone tomorrow, I could live, and unlike many who say that that is easy to say until you have to really do it, well, having shaved my head with a razor, I have lived it.

Life goes on. Take an ugly wife and be happy for life.

Oh, and listen to guys like Tynan, as I posted before, EXCEPT when they are crying like a little b**ch to have ANOTHER little b**ch banned from the forum.

Tynan, please re-attach your balls and get back on track.

:hairy:

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Resultsnottypical said:
Tynan, please re-attach your balls and get back on track.

:hairy:

appologies, I just get pissed off at a certain someones constant negative bullshit, I know I shouldn't let it get to me.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya, I usually like your posts, coulda swore you might be a fellow libertarian in your ideals...esp concerning free speech..we are here to counter negative, whiny posts...you do a good job of that.

I don't know anywhere as much as most of these posters, but Gunner is harmless, if not overly-dramatic.

I usually don't post regarding squabbles, or post that much for all, as you can see from the last two years, but don't worry about Gunner, worry about these new guys who are scared shitless at hairloss and need real answers.

Regardless of what we would like to think, most of them don't read FAQs or "read before you posts"...so we get the opportunity to post the same material over and over :) ("get on the big 3, don't worry about exploding testicles (it's VERY rare), wait a year, etc" )

Btw, when should we tell Fran about the big "exploding testicle scare" ?

Apparently that is a leading cause of "diminished ejaculate content" or something

:freaked2: