What About 5mg Finasteride For Teenager

Axel bonnici

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy , but what are your guys opinions on 5mg for a teenager (16) , my hair is so important to me and im seriously considering this , btw been on finasteride 2.5 for 2 weeks and no sides , I also workout

megadyptes

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) difference between 1mg and 5mg is basically none existent and the recommended dosage is 1mg.
2) You might just develop a more mature hairline. Not sure if it is blatantly obvious you are balding without pictures. But since you're 16, I assume it is not the case. Many cases where people develop a more mature hairline but do not go bald. A professional may help you in determining this (e.g. dermatologist).
3) No idea if it is a good idea to start at such an early age. You are still maturing (physically), finasteride might interfere with that, again, ask your doctor.
4) it may take a while for sides to develop, 2 weeks doesn't mean you in the clear. In fact, you can still develop sides after years of usage.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if u are balding at 16 then finasteride would not work
I’m 17 been on finasteride for 6 months and I’ve gone from shedding 50-100 hairs in the shower to 5 a day, with my hairline and crown starting to thicken up. Don’t go around fear mongering for no reason

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
if u are balding at 16 then finasteride would not work
who said that? I started my hairloss at 16 as well used finasteride at 18 and it worked really well for me for stopping my hairloss and thickening my hair but I had to stop cause of sides I'm sure if continued is was going to be almost nw1 again

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
who said that? I started my hairloss at 16 as well used finasteride at 18 and it worked really well for me for stopping my hairloss and thickening my hair but I had to stop cause of sides I'm sure if continued is was going to be almost nw1 again
what sides

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
what sides
I've used finasteride for 1 month and 24, the first month went fine for me no noticeable sides I was feeling that i'm experiencing gyno after 2 weeks but i thought it's placebo effect and everything is fine

after 1 month and 22 day I started to experience lower libdo then I've tried dutasteride for only 2 days and it gave erectile dysfunction and this when I realised as well that I have gyno then i stopped everything

I kinda recovered after stopping and thinking that estrogen was the cause of my sides cause the doctor told me that I've got hormonal imbalance and estrogen with the dominant hormone cause im taking anti androgens and this is was the cause of my gyno

I'm thinking about trying it again with estrogen blocker but I'm really afraid from long term side effects and post finasteride syndrome
Do you have any advice for me?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used finasteride for 1 month and 24, the first month went fine for me no noticeable sides I was feeling that i'm experiencing gyno after 2 weeks but i thought it's placebo effect and everything is fine

after 1 month and 22 day I started to experience lower libdo then I've tried dutasteride for only 2 days and it gave erectile dysfunction and this when I realised as well that I have gyno then i stopped everything

I kinda recovered after stopping and thinking that estrogen was the cause of my sides cause the doctor told me that I've got hormonal imbalance and estrogen with the dominant hormone cause im taking anti androgens and this is was the cause of my gyno

I'm thinking about trying it again with estrogen blocker but I'm really afraid from long term side effects and post finasteride syndrome
Do you have any advice for me?
It takes at least a year to work and nobody gets gyno in two weeks! Gyno is a hard lump ( tissue) not sensitive nipples or water retention. That is elevated estrogen

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That does sound crazy dangerous because DHT internally is huge during male development. Why not see if your a good responder to minoxidil as far as side effects and hair growth, if so jump to Morr F or something like 82M with micro needling?

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
It takes at least a year to work and nobody gets gyno in two weeks! Gyno is a hard lump ( tissue) not sensitive nipples or water retention. That is elevated estrogen
what exactly takes a year to work? finasteride? I was thinning at temples and hairline and it started to work once I took it, my hair was growing twice faster than before and all the thin hair was getting thicker and my hair was getting much easier in styling and looking more healthy.

and yea I didn't say I got gyno after 2 weeks, I said it was the begging for me to experience gyno, I've got my left chest bigger than the right one and different in shape, so you are saying it can be caused by high estrogen level but it's not gyno? like how I can get my left chest bigger and it's not going to be gyno?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
what exactly takes a year to work? finasteride? I was thinning at temples and hairline and it started to work once I took it, my hair was growing twice faster than before and all the thin hair was getting thicker and my hair was getting much easier in styling and looking more healthy.

and yea I didn't say I got gyno after 2 weeks, I said it was the begging for me to experience gyno, I've got my left chest bigger than the right one and different in shape, so you are saying it can be caused by high estrogen level but it's not gyno? like how I can get my left chest bigger and it's not going to be gyno?
Finasteride takes at least a year to work. Higher estrogen can cause an imbalance in your chest do to water retention and if you have excess body fat. People with higher body fat are prone to gyno

Chris Evan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride takes at least a year to work. Higher estrogen can cause an imbalance in your chest do to water retention and if you have excess body fat. People with higher body fat are prone to gyno
1 year to see it's final results i think not to start working!
And yea I'm skinny I've no excess body fat and I don't think I've high body fat!
But yea do you think it can be water retention if I'm skinny and have low body fat? I mean when I asked my doctor he didn't give me clear answer he told me It's not gyno and when I told him then what's this he told me it's because of finasteride

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
1 year to see it's final results i think not to start working!
And yea I'm skinny I've no excess body fat and I don't think I've high body fat!
But yea do you think it can be water retention if I'm skinny and have low body fat? I mean when I asked my doctor he didn't give me clear answer he told me It's not gyno and when I told him then what's this he told me it's because of finasteride
It because of elevated estrogen! And two years to see final results, according to doctors. I've read of people seeing improvements 5 years later. Every hair goes through a cycle and you have to stick with it and wait it out