What a HORRIBLE 24 hours....lost a mini hair transplant

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Fellas,

I really wish I could report back with some positive feedback and encourage others, but I guess that's not happening anytime soon. Over 6 months now on finasteride and I am shedding like there is no tomorrow. In my desperation I buzzed my hair down to a number 2 last week, but this really has done nothing except reveal tons of shiny scalp that reflects any kind of light.

Anyways I digress, last night I washed my hair before bed and applied my minoxidil and took my finasteride. After a good night's sleep I woke up and counted about 100 hairs on my pillow. This put in in a horrid mood. After washing my face I ran my wet hands over my head and was shocked to see about 200 plus hairs!!!! I have never lost this many hair this quickly! I was in Shock.....so I washed my hands and ran them once again over my head only to discover about 100 more hair all over my palms and fingers. At this point I started laughing hysterically because I realised I was FUC*ED big time. The hair kept on coming and what hurts most is that I actually saw my horshoe pattern emerging more clearly than ever. All in all around 400 hair lost overnight along with a lot of hope......just don't know what to do. I give up.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
vipergts said:
Hey Fellas,

I really wish I could report back with some positive feedback and encourage others, but I guess that's not happening anytime soon. Over 6 months now on finasteride and I am shedding like there is no tomorrow. In my desperation I buzzed my hair down to a number 2 last week, but this really has done nothing except reveal tons of shiny scalp that reflects any kind of light.

Anyways I digress, last night I washed my hair before bed and applied my minoxidil and took my finasteride. After a good night's sleep I woke up and counted about 100 hairs on my pillow. This put in in a horrid mood. After washing my face I ran my wet hands over my head and was shocked to see about 200 plus hairs!!!! I have never lost this many hair this quickly! I was in Shock.....so I washed my hands and ran them once again over my head only to discover about 100 more hair all over my palms and fingers. At this point I started laughing hysterically because I realised I was FUC*ED big time. The hair kept on coming and what hurts most is that I actually saw my horshoe pattern emerging more clearly than ever. All in all around 400 hair lost overnight along with a lot of hope......just don't know what to do. I give up.

If I were to look at this from a "glass 1/2 full perspective", I'd remind you about all of the reports we hear about the dreaded 6 month finasteride shed.

This might be more common than you realize.

I'd ride it out.

Good luck (and stop running your hands thru your hair).

antonio666

Reaction score
vipergts,this actually upsets me no human deserves to lose that many.
You must be in bits,going through similar thing myself but not as bad as yours,if i thought there was a god i would pray for you

you have my best wishes and i hope your hairloss improves quickly

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so your head is buzzed to grade 2, yet you sat and counted, what, 400 hairs a few millimeters long?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
antonio666 said:
vipergts,this actually upsets me no human deserves to lose that many.
You must be in bits,going through similar thing myself but not as bad as yours,if i thought there was a god i would pray for you

you have my best wishes and i hope your hairloss improves quickly

Thanks for your wishes Antonio. I am fine one way or the other. Of course I want hair but at the same time I don't want to live in this depressed state forever. I have no regrets since I put up a fight. Hey you can't win 'em all.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
so your head is buzzed to grade 2, yet you sat and counted, what, 400 hairs a few millimeters long?

Hey Flim, I count them on days when my hair feels exceptionally weak and when my scalp feels irritated. Along with pics assessing how many hairs you are shedding is important to figure out how well the treatments are working. Most who swear by porpecia claim that it HALTED access shedding within weeks. I am just waiting for this to happen to me so I know I have not blown away 1000's of dollars. Prior to Propecia I was on minoxidil and spironolactone and shed 20-30 hairs max. I thought i was being proactive by taking the big step. Anyways I will never know the answer which is most frustrating. Maybe it's Propecia, maybe it's genetic pattern getting aggressive, maybe it's the creatine I have started to take in the last 2 weeks prior to my workouts....who knows.

G

shitty. yeah i know how you feel. i did my laundry last week and saw the lint catcher completely full of my hair. ugh. but it'll be cool. don't worry. all that hair will be back soon.

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it dude. Here is a little encouragement:

"Finasteride takes up to a year or more to exert its full effects in both preventing hair loss and in re-growing hair. During the first six months you may note some thinning of your existing hair. This may be due to either progression of your hair loss before finasteride has had a chance to work or some shedding of miniaturized hair that makes way for the new healthy anagen hair to grow. It is important to be patient during this period."

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical ... opecia.php

Hope things improve for ya man.

JustShaveIt

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your shedding viper. But there is no need to live in a depressed state of mind like that anymore if you know that the drugs will not help anymore. whenever you are ready to go on with the rest of your life in a stress free way give this website a visit. http://www.headblade.com

G

vipergts said:
flimflam said:

Hey Flim, I count them on days when my hair feels exceptionally weak and when my scalp feels irritated. Along with pics assessing how many hairs you are shedding is important to figure out how well the treatments are working. Most who swear by porpecia claim that it HALTED access shedding within weeks. I am just waiting for this to happen to me so I know I have not blown away 1000's of dollars. Prior to Propecia I was on minoxidil and spironolactone and shed 20-30 hairs max. I thought i was being proactive by taking the big step. Anyways I will never know the answer which is most frustrating. Maybe it's Propecia, maybe it's genetic pattern getting aggressive, maybe it's the creatine I have started to take in the last 2 weeks prior to my workouts....who knows.

I think what he meant was that it must be kinda time consuming to try and count 400 hairs of few millimeters long.