Wet Look In Hair System - Glue In Hair!

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been wearing for like 2 months now and i'm glad I did it but one problem i've encountered is in the UK right now it's very hot so the glue is going through the lace and giving the hair system a wet look which I don't like as it makes it look kinda greasy, I goto a salon every month and they do the full maintenance and it looks brand new and somehow gets the glue out which I wanna find out how to do myself.

I've tried washing the hair and leaving it to dry (4hours), using the leave in conditioner, doing the front touchup every 3 days, not sure what more there is to do.

I've only just started to notice it otherwise I would of asked someone at the salon, so yeah people that do their own maintenance how do you get the glue out? Thanks.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been wearing for like 2 months now and i'm glad I did it but one problem i've encountered is in the UK right now it's very hot so the glue is going through the lace and giving the hair system a wet look which I don't like as it makes it look kinda greasy, I goto a salon every month and they do the full maintenance and it looks brand new and somehow gets the glue out which I wanna find out how to do myself.

I've tried washing the hair and leaving it to dry (4hours), using the leave in conditioner, doing the front touchup every 3 days, not sure what more there is to do.

I've only just started to notice it otherwise I would of asked someone at the salon, so yeah people that do their own maintenance how do you get the glue out? Thanks.
Hey man,

What kind of attachment? Is it full lace around the sides and back as well or do you have perimeter of poly? If its only seeping out at the hairline after you re-do the hairline then you might not be letting the glue dry long enough before placing the system on it. I let it dry no less that 3minutes in-between layers and then before putting system back in place. You're not applying glue to the lace itself, are you?

To get the glue out of the hair someone posted a trick and it worked for me: spray some leave in conditioner and wait a little, then proceed to *carefully* comb out the glue. Works like a charm if I make a mistake.

Kebawo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,

What kind of attachment? Is it full lace around the sides and back as well or do you have perimeter of poly? If its only seeping out at the hairline after you re-do the hairline then you might not be letting the glue dry long enough before placing the system on it. I let it dry no less that 3minutes in-between layers and then before putting system back in place. You're not applying glue to the lace itself, are you?

To get the glue out of the hair someone posted a trick and it worked for me: spray some leave in conditioner and wait a little, then proceed to *carefully* comb out the glue. Works like a charm if I make a mistake.

Hey, not sure what kind it is I get it from hair4all haha, it seems like it's coming from everywhere tbh with the hot weather it just looks so greasy all over... Thanks for that advice man i'll give that a go.