We're Above Freezng!!

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Hey, we're FINALLY above freezing temperatures here in Michigan. Actually got up to 39 degrees F so far!!!! :)

First time I've gone outside without my insulated Carhartt pants since......... I can't remember!! :bravo:

Yippee!!! I'm going out on the deck after walking the dogs and drink some whiskey before the Super Bowl.

I can feel it coming, golf, baseball, rifle ranges, women showing off their chests!!! I'm so happy.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Cassin said:
69 in Dallas today...I had my windows open from 10 to 5!

WOW!!! I forgot what that's like.

Btw Gardener and Cassin, we're going back into the deep freeze by mid week. Highs in the mid-teens. And, of course, more snow. :(

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Trifle snowy in Blighty. A quick-moving blast of cold from the east brings us an eight- to ten-inch deposit of the white stuff in 24 hours. And still coming down fast.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
We don't get much snow round these parts (S.E. England) - this is the deepest covering we've had in about 20 years - so much road/rail/plane chaos ensues. Melting for the next few days before a dip back below zero (and perhaps more snow) on Friday & into the weekend.

Good thing I work from home....

ali777

Reaction score
is -5C too warm for you :whistle: ?

Britain has been really cold this winter. December 08 was the coldest December for 30 years, and now we are having the worst snow for 20 years. Apparently the average temperature this winter is 3 to 4C colder than last year, and I feel every bit of it...

Unfortunately, this place is not equipped to deal with cold weather. The houses aren't properly isolated, the city councils are not prepared to deal with the snow, etc. So, even though it's not as cold as where you are, its effects are worse.

HughJass

Reaction score
It's 40C here.

1071802-Cottesloe-Beach-0.jpg

I'll be thinking of you all.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:

Britain has been really cold this winter. December 08 was the coldest December for 30 years, and now we are having the worst snow for 20 years. Apparently the average temperature this winter is 3 to 4C colder than last year, and I feel every bit of it...

Unfortunately, this place is not equipped to deal with cold weather. The houses aren't properly isolated, the city councils are not prepared to deal with the snow, etc. So, even though it's not as cold as where you are, its effects are worse.

Actually I'm just whining. Today's weather is actually really nice where I am, just snowed tonnes this morning so I feel freaking soggy about it. You could teach me Brit slangs o_O I've always liked Brit slangs. They have a very... Culture-laden feel to them.

Though, in December we experienced -32 C weather... before factoring in windchill. My bones were ready to snap, and my furnace gave out on the evening of Christmas Day. It has not been good times.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:

I dont feel like its as cold as it used to be when I was a kid.
I think we've become a nation of whinging pussies.
The kids have had a week off school (because their teachers/parents cant be bothered to walk a mile in the snow) and millions have missed work for the same reason. No wonder the economy's up the shitter :badmood:
The media is overhyping the situation as usual.

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ali777 said:

I dont feel like its as cold as it used to be when I was a kid.
I think we've become a nation of whinging pussies.
The kids have had a week off school (because their teachers/parents cant be bothered to walk a mile in the snow) and millions have missed work for the same reason. No wonder the economy's up the shitter :badmood:
The media is overhyping the situation as usual.

Well... Although, I do agree with you about people being lazy, it has been rather cold lately. My housemate was saying that this year we are using twice the amount of gas we used last winter. The timer and the thermostat settings are the same, so you can imagine the difference.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
It got into the 50's today and will be in the 40's for the next few days!!

My daily walk with the dogs at the metro park was balmy and a neighbor and I sipped some whiskey on the deck with only our sweatshirts on!!

Yippee!!! (Even the dogs are in lala land.) :)

CCS

Reaction score
I'm upset that when I walk around at night in my shorts and T-shirt, I have to huddle my arms to be comfortable. Yeah, a long sleeve shirt and pants is fine at night, but I like my shorts for the gym. Pretty nice during the day though.

I heard the rest of the country is burried in ice and snow. I don't know how you guys handle it. I would never live is such a climate like that. So much for global warming.

ali777

Reaction score
CCS said:
I'm upset that when I walk around at night in my shorts and T-shirt, I have to huddle my arms to be comfortable. Yeah, a long sleeve shirt and pants is fine at night, but I like my shorts for the gym. Pretty nice during the day though.

I heard the rest of the country is burried in ice and snow. I don't know how you guys handle it. I would never live is such a climate like that. So much for global warming.

Global warming doesn't necessarily mean hot weather all around. For West Europe global warming actually means hotter summers and colder winters.