went off propecia for 5 days...

nycboy28

Reaction score
Hello all - Just found this board today and it seems very informative. I've been a happy "customer" of propecia for the last 4 years. Haven't experienced any side effects and have noticed excellent hair maintenance and even slight thickening. I'm 28. Last week I missed 5 days of Propecia (ive always taken 1mg dose) while waiting for new Rx. I've been back on it for 5 days now, but noticed shedding when putting on hair product today and yesterday. Could this be a result of being off it for only 5 days? Seems odd that after only 5 days off it i'd be experienceing shedding, especially when the website says it would take a year for the positive results to go away after stoping the medication. Only talking about 4-5 hair strands - maybe I am being paranoid? After researching the posts here, I understand that finasteride. is out of your system in about 3 days...and DHT levels go back to normal in 1-2 weeks. My question is, how long does it take for finasteride to start back up again?

Appreciate any insight/thoughts on this!

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
4-5 hairs????????? or was that a typo for 400-500 hairs???? 4-5 is nothing!!!!!

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
nycboy28 said:
Hello all - Just found this board today and it seems very informative. I've been a happy "customer" of propecia for the last 4 years. Haven't experienced any side effects and have noticed excellent hair maintenance and even slight thickening. I'm 28. Last week I missed 5 days of Propecia (ive always taken 1mg dose) while waiting for new Rx. I've been back on it for 5 days now, but noticed shedding when putting on hair product today and yesterday. Could this be a result of being off it for only 5 days? Seems odd that after only 5 days off it i'd be experienceing shedding, especially when the website says it would take a year for the positive results to go away after stoping the medication. Only talking about 4-5 hair strands - maybe I am being paranoid? After researching the posts here, I understand that finasteride. is out of your system in about 3 days...and DHT levels go back to normal in 1-2 weeks. My question is, how long does it take for finasteride to start back up again?

Appreciate any insight/thoughts on this!

I'm pretty sure that's not true.