(wellbutrin/bupropion) Anti-depressant Causing Hair Loss

iwantmorehairdudes

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken Wellbutrin once before in the past and it caused overall thinning to my crown. I would really like to go back on this medication because it helped so much with depression,anixiety, motivation, energy, weight loss, etc. I already take finasteride as well as use minoxidil, but I am afraid to start this medication again, even though I feel I need to. Has anyone else had this issue or experience with this type of medication? Does anything help? Any supplements to take that would actually help? I am not sure of the exact process from taking Wellbutrin that causes the hair thinning, but I would guess that it isn't dht since I was already on finasteride the last time I began taking the Wellbutrin and you would think that it would have prevented it if it was by means of that mechanism. I was considering maybe taking the Wellbutrin every other day this time around to try and eliminate the progressive hair thinning this time around. Anyone else try this? Also, my hair returned to normal density after quitting this medication last time, so it was certainly from the medication. Any ideas?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the same problem, since wellbutrin increase your sex drive, i was thinking it could cause hairloss, anyone with experience?