Well, wish me luck. I have to give up on topical finasteride now too.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started noticing sides and figured it was mostly my age kicking in then went on a 2 weeks vaca. i didnt bring my topical finasteride, just minoxidil and noticed a MAJOR difference in the issues I was having. It was like everything went back to normal.... hell better than normal.

I got back home and started the topical and BAM sides kicked back in so I decided to stop again and, well wouldnt you know, the side went away again. They are basically a milder version of the sides I got from oral finasteride. Im hoping now that Im past my 30s, had my FUE and can still use minoxidil I might be more stable to keep what I have. I want another FUE soon but have had no time to coordinate looking around since my first Doctor moved. wish me luck, I seriously cant deal with the sides I get from finasteride. They are actually physically uncomfortable/painful, and not in ian area you want discomfort.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started noticing sides and figured it was mostly my age kicking in then went on a 2 weeks vaca. i didnt bring my topical finasteride, just minoxidil and noticed a MAJOR difference in the issues I was having. It was like everything went back to normal.... hell better than normal.

I got back home and started the topical and BAM sides kicked back in so I decided to stop again and, well wouldnt you know, the side went away again. They are basically a milder version of the sides I got from oral finasteride. Im hoping now that Im past my 30s, had my FUE and can still use minoxidil I might be more stable to keep what I have. I want another FUE soon but have had no time to coordinate looking around since my first Doctor moved. wish me luck, I seriously cant deal with the sides I get from finasteride. They are actually physically uncomfortable/painful, and not in ian area you want discomfort.
I just get less semen and atm bad insomnia but gonna wait it out.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score

I understand what you mean. The sides can be very subtle, and maybe it is also that we've been on the drug so long that we just get so used to our new baseline. But I have stopped and started finasteride a few times and I do feel better off of it, no doubt about it. Again, it's a subtle difference but there is indeed a difference in my experience. Additionally, every time I have started finasteride again, I am plagued with migraines during the middle of each day for the first few weeks but eventually it goes away. The drug also gives me tinnitus every few days so long as I am taking it; of course this is just a minor issue in terms of its effect, however one must wonder the effects it may have on neurosteroid production. This is just my experience and I realize that some people do not seem to experience any of this. That said, I would still like to see more research on the downstream cascading effects of inhibiting 5AR systemically.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
How much topical are you applying? Give me both % and mL