Well I fianlly stepped up to the plate...

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I ordered some generic propecia and i'm pretty scared about using it. I have some questions about it though.

I know there are some side affects. I've read about erections, libo, acne, sheds.... Is there anything else major I should Know? What are you veteran posters feelings about propecia? I'm a pretty young (19) so I hope it won't mess my system up to badly. I just feel if i wait too long it will be way too late. any thoughts or suggestions are welcome and greaty appreciated.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone says. Finasteride WILL decrease your libido, the only question is how much. Acne is somewhat common but generally brief (i broke out a week after starting, and cleared up a week after that). And sheds happen, but would you rather have your hair thin quickly and grow back, or have it thin slower and never come back? No brainer.

All in all, I like what its done for me. But I also look forward to the day when I can trust and afford DHT fighting topicals (or other topicals) to do the job instead.. hopefully within three or four years. In the meantime, Finasteride will help me keep what I have now.

L-Arginine is a good suppliment to assist in balancing out the libido issue, but it is somewhat pricey.

I'm not aware of, and have not experienced, any other significant side effects.

19 is a little young to start, but not nessisarily too young. And it is never 'too late' to keep what you have,. you'll just have less to keep ;)

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axon said:
I'm all good with the libido.

I thought of you specifically when I wrote that ;) I'm sure your libido is fine, but I expect that finasteride has had some detrimental effect, even if very minor. As VoRteX said here;
VoRteX said:
I didnt feel like I had any "real" side effects from propecia until 2 weeks after I stopped it and had some of the best sex I'd had in months.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
heh well it's not like i have a girl anyways. at least I can possibly save myself some embarrassment :)

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I still stand by my statement ;) DHT is clearly a player in sexual function. Lowering levels should have some impact, even if its slight. I know its affected me (perhaps I should cut down from 1.25mg). Dont get me wrong, my equipment still works fine, but I used to be a raging animal, and now I'm much more tame.

G

flux said:
I still stand by my statement ;) DHT is clearly a player in sexual function. Lowering levels should have some impact, even if its slight. I know its affected me (perhaps I should cut down from 1.25mg). Dont get me wrong, my equipment still works fine, but I used to be a raging animal, and now I'm much more tame.

My experience is the same. Since being off propecia, life is picking up quite a bit!

WRXSTi04

Reaction score
I would not mind being toning my libido down a bit. Craving sexy all the time breaks the concentration. :hairy:

I also will be steeping up and ordering som Proscar 5mg and dividing it in to 4ths for 1.25mg a day. I will take pictures and keep a journal and side effect notes to help others and my self

Axon

Reaction score
flux said:
Axon said:

I thought of you specifically when I wrote that ;) I'm sure your libido is fine, but I expect that finasteride has had some detrimental effect, even if very minor. As VoRteX said here;
VoRteX said:
I didnt feel like I had any "real" side effects from propecia until 2 weeks after I stopped it and had some of the best sex I'd had in months.

I dropped it for 3 weeks and saw no change.

WRXSTi04

Reaction score
Axon said:
flux said:
Axon said:

VoRteX said:

I dropped it for 3 weeks and saw no change.

I just placed my order online for Proscar with
http://www.prescriptionskeywest.com

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how come some of us when we stop have different results?

azn0608

Reaction score
I'm more concern with how serious the shed would be. Cuz i ain't got much enough hair to let the shed happens... I'm very strong on the other side effect so no worries. If it would bring it down a little thats great :) Thinking of sex everyday lol. Its such a trouble without a gf at this time...ya know ;) I'm about to order some finasteride too... But recently my hairloss has reduced...like less then 10 grafts a day. What do you guys think my situation is? And btw the hair that i lost didn't seem to grow back...time for finasteride?

uratramp1

Reaction score
i have been using generic propecia 4 over 6 months now....NO LIBDO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER... :lol:

new-here

Reaction score
crap , newbie dont believe what they say , about whatever ... get on finasteride as soon as possible , the decrease in libido is only in the mind !!! fact . Plus you have no other choice , its the best treatment outthere , i have had no side effects ( nock on wood) , oh and get on nizoral 2% then later u can try minoxidil or xandrox.

My question - I have been reading that xandrox works better than minoxidil alone , look at funkster .. what do you pro´s think ?

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
heh well it's not like i have a girl anyways. at least I can possibly save myself some embarrassment :)

Don't take propecia yet. Wait. I learned the hard way.....

Hairless Potter

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost 3 months on propecia, no sexual side effects. However, massive sheds to the point that my hair is noticeably thinner. My only regret regarding propecia is not starting sooner. As far as my hair is concerned i've got nothing to lose except more hair which may be unavoidable. I have yet to see results, but I am hopeful. Odds are in favor of it working. Good luck everyone.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
new-here said:
the decrease in libido is only in the mind !!! fact

BULLSHIT.

Dont even suggest anything about my mojo, pal, you'll get on my dark side. Be more careful where you step.

It is very real. And for a very small minority of us (such as Hair McHair), very serious!

But for most, such as myself, its minor enough that its of little consequence. I'm not trying to scare anyone, just stating the facts.

G

I am 17 and take propecia. I love it. The first 2 weeks using it I whacked off for the first time in like months and I had watery c*m. It kinda scared me. However, it went away around the 3 week point. That was my only side effect which went away. Propecia is your best weapon out there and it probley wont give you a side effect. If it does it will go away.