well finasteride maintain rogaine regrowth?

gooner

Reaction score
i know that if u stop taking the medication, the results will reverse, but if finasteride haults ur hair loss, and rogaine helps growth, once you've grown hair with rogaine, will the finasteride maintain it??

Sean68

Reaction score
it does happen but i wouldnt risk it for the sake of applying minoxidil
twice a day.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope, studies have been done in this area, neither will offset the gains made by the other, though some think minoxidil may hold finasteride results a bit longer than the other way around.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the hair that minoxidil regrew, needs minoxidil (rogain) to maintain.. because its regrown because of rogain and is there only because of the minoxidil.. stop minoxidil tha minoxidil hair dies.. finasteride cant do anything with that.
But the hair you regrew with finasteride and maintained with finasteride will still be there.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Rogain has no future chance of ever being able to quit. Rogain Dependant hair is toast if you stop 20 years from now when they come up with something better, at least hair maintained on finasteride can switch to newer treatments in the future. Well all of course in theory.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Rogain has no future chance of ever being able to quit. Rogain Dependant hair is toast if you stop 20 years from now when they come up with something better...

Why would you make such a sweeping statement as that? That's not something you can predict, it's something that only experience can prove or disprove. I would imagine that NANO might even be able to substitute for minoxidil, since the molecules are fairly similar.

Bryan

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well rogain grows the hairs right? The hairs are completely dependant on rogain are they not? So no one knows if anything else can keep those hairs alive other then rogain? I dont know sometimes fighting hairloss just seems like a waste. The treatments are still jokes in terms of regrowth.