Weird type of diffuse thinning

Trax13

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i just had a quick question. I have been on 1/4 finasteride for almost 2 months exactly. In that time my hair has dramatically thinned. The weird thing about my thinning is that it is in rows. I have lines of hair that go from the top of my head all the way to my hairline in a straight line...almost like snoop dogg cornrows. There is no hair between the rows of hair. Sorry no pics, but has anyone had any type of thinning like this. It has only happened since ive been on finasteride. Before this I only had one thin area right behind my hairline. Thinning is bad enough, but this is making me even more self conscious than I already was!

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I too have a weird diffuse pattern. I have a thick unreceeded NW1 hairline. Then the area behind the hairline is very thin, the mid scalp is thickish and finally the crown is thin.

I'd rather have one pattern, not bloody 3!

jameson

Reaction score
i have this thinning too. same **** with the "rows" all over. i was not on propecia when i noticed. it's just a part of hair loss. i don't know exactly what kind it is. maybe diffuse thinning.

thing is, i went on propecia for a week, and started to shed way more. hands are just full of hair. and there's so much conflicting information on the internet about it, it really gets frustrating.

Trax13

Reaction score
I used to have a nw1 hairline but it is quickly getting thinned out as the "lines" in my hair go from my vertex all the way to the front of my hair. Im now getting small gaps in my hairline because of it. I cant even use gel anymore to camoflauge it. Ive been reduced to using toppik everyday. The only thing that sucks is if someone gets too close they can see the little black dust on my hairline. Self esteem at 0 right now, just within 2 months :(

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
I know what you are talking about. It seems like a tsunami coming from back towards much thinner areas in front. I think meds are working and new hair is replacing thin and week ones. You will notice that the "line" hair that are coming from vertex are probably thick and coarse. I think its a good news. I like to think your frontal will eventually catch up with the0" tsunami" behind and you should see thick all over. But, keep us updated either way

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to have a nw1 hairline but it is quickly getting thinned out as the "lines" in my hair go from my vertex all the way to the front of my hair. Im now getting small gaps in my hairline because of it. I cant even use gel anymore to camoflauge it. Ive been reduced to using toppik everyday. The only thing that sucks is if someone gets too close they can see the little black dust on my hairline. Self esteem at 0 right now, just within 2 months :(

Be very careful with toppik in sunlight!

I used to think it looked good until I saw myself under bright lights and in the sun.