Weird Nizoral Shed

RocknRolla

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been using Propecia and Nizoral 2% for a month now (doing something against my hair loss for the very first time).

Well every time I use the Nizoral I have my hands full of hair. Dark long hair. I use it every second day. On the days I use a normal shampoo I have way less hair in my hands. However my sink, my desk, my bed have hair lying around as well (and never did before), so I was thinking this was a Nizoral shed (and a good sign as it works)!?

It just totally freaks me out right now that there is such an obvious difference when washing my hair with the other shampoo and I have found some posts in other forums online where people say they are experiencing the same thing with Nizoral - so I am sure I am not fantasizing this.

Would you stop using it? Has anybody had bad experiences with Nizoral like this or heard about it? It's been four weeks now and I am pretty thin up there anyways ... so the loss is starting to show up - to be honest my hair has never looked shittier than at the moment.

Cheers
Rolla

PS: My hairloss has been quite aggressive for about 3 years on the whole top of the head.

Jm0311

Reaction score
Nizoral is not doing this

I would request for this thread to be renamed

RocknRolla

Reaction score
Well that sounds quite confident. I only wonder then why my hands are full of hair as I cannot remember I ever had it like that before - only a month ago there would not be a single hair in my hands.

My only other theory is this:

I find Nizoral is not as soapy as a regular shampoo. Actually it's quite the opposite. So could it be possible that you just pull a bit more on your hair compared to when using a regular more soapy shampoo - so that the few hairs which were about to fall out anyways just get pulled out using Nizoral!?

Can Propecia actually cause a shed only a week after having started taking it?

Thanks a lot for your answers in advance you have already been very helpful!

Cheers

RocknRolla

Reaction score
Oh my oh my ...

I just read now about Reflex Hyperandrogenicity and indeed I noticed a really really oily forehead with more spots than usually. Libido is more than it used to be as well - I was already wondering about that as I had only read so far it could go down (and it had in the first week or so). I didn't know about all this until an hour ago.

Does that mean now I should stop immediately or could my body adapt with time? I read somewhere just now that within 2-3 month even Reflex Hyperandrogenicity could go down again ...

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that Reflex Hyperandrogenicity can be caused by Propecia, but not sure if it can by Nizoral.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Dont jump to conclusions mate

Its doubtful you have Reflex Hyperandrogenicity to be honest and if you do it should become very clear to you that that is the case as time goes on.

Now just sounds like a small shed. You are expected to shed in fact some people take really bad sheds before getting amazing results months later. You have to give it a chance.