weight gain

G

djdomcapello said:
anyone notice any mid section (stomach) weight gain more than usual while on propecia and rogaine 5%
'

Rogaine no, propecia, yes to a degree.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
whats the science behind this weightgain? how much gain and for how long..also how many people do u think experience it.

G

youngguy_uk said:
whats the science behind this weightgain? how much gain and for how long..also how many people do u think experience it.

My understanding of the THEORY is that DHT is involved in the anabolic processes. By suppressing DHT, you reduce your ability to build and replace muscle. This may be imperfect but sufficient.

djdomcapello

Reaction score
um. so what do i do, my body is starting to look like sh*t.
and i go to judo 3 times a week. cant figure this out

G

djdomcapello said:
um. so what do i do, my body is starting to look like sh*t.
and i go to judo 3 times a week. cant figure this out

Well that is for you to decide. If you really feel that your body is responding that acutely to finasteride, you can wait and see if this starts to resolve itself, or tank the finasteride.

Some folks respond acutely. You may be one.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
craaaap. how many users of propecia do u reckon cant build muscle as well bcos of it? and is this a permanent effect. and in the 1st month is it the opposite..

G

I don't think there is ANY general agreement on this topic. Personally, I noticed some but minimal changes in bodyfat but I was able to largely negate this through changes in diet and workouts.

Some has not been so lucky, at least as reported on this website.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

djdomcapello

Reaction score
i think im going to step up my workout. maybe add more cardio, what does ur diet and cardio workout look like?

G

djdomcapello said:
i think im going to step up my workout. maybe add more cardio, what does ur diet and cardio workout look like?

I follow a fairly low carb diet, which works very well for me (keeps bodyfat below 10%).

I do some rope skipping, bag work for cardio. Also walking.

Weights and isometrics for strength.