Weight Gain Since Dropping Finasteride

jnestor481

Reaction score
Hello All,

So to start with, I was on finasteride for 3.5 years and finally stopped taking it back in late November/early December. This past summer I noticed I was carrying a lot more weight than usual on my abdomen and thought maybe it was the finasteride that was the culprit. I have always worked out and been active, am 29 years old and never had weight issues in the past. So yea finally made the decision to drop finasteride. Since then I have gained a lot of weight and actually had sexual sides also, something I NEVER had in the past. However, I guess I can be thankful that I do not have brain fog or any of the other issues I've seen people mention.

I thought maybe it would pass but it's been long enough to where I'm now wondering if this is a permanent thing or not. I went to my doctor to get some blood work done, and strangely enough my total testosterone looked normal. The red flags that I did get were in my lipid profile. Here are snips of the results.

If anyone can offer any advice or point me in the right direction I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Total Testosterone.JPG
    Total Testosterone.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 247
  • Lipid Panel.JPG
    Lipid Panel.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: K.K

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello All,

So to start with, I was on finasteride for 3.5 years and finally stopped taking it back in late November/early December. This past summer I noticed I was carrying a lot more weight than usual on my abdomen and thought maybe it was the finasteride that was the culprit. I have always worked out and been active, am 29 years old and never had weight issues in the past. So yea finally made the decision to drop finasteride. Since then I have gained a lot of weight and actually had sexual sides also, something I NEVER had in the past. However, I guess I can be thankful that I do not have brain fog or any of the other issues I've seen people mention.

I thought maybe it would pass but it's been long enough to where I'm now wondering if this is a permanent thing or not. I went to my doctor to get some blood work done, and strangely enough my total testosterone looked normal. The red flags that I did get were in my lipid profile. Here are snips of the results.

If anyone can offer any advice or point me in the right direction I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks.
I've seen this issue (high lipids) reported before on both Fina and Duta. I've read some ncbi's stating that DHT has a rile in keeping cholesterol levels within healthy limits so inhibiting may trigger an imbalance. I would suggest trying a healthy diet eliminating all bad fats and maybe an OTC (cholestoff) before going on statins. How is your libido and EQ?

jnestor481

Reaction score
I've seen this issue (high lipids) reported before on both Fina and Duta. I've read some ncbi's stating that DHT has a rile in keeping cholesterol levels within healthy limits so inhibiting may trigger an imbalance. I would suggest trying a healthy diet eliminating all bad fats and maybe an OTC (cholestoff) before going on statins. How is your libido and EQ?

Libido has been lower than usual, l would say 50%. But honestly the last few days I’ve noticed an increase in sensation/desire, and better erections. Which I hope is a good sign. Starting a new diet and exercise routine this week, hopefully my weight improves also.

EQ ? What’s that ?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Libido has been lower than usual, l would say 50%. But honestly the last few days I’ve noticed an increase in sensation/desire, and better erections. Which I hope is a good sign. Starting a new diet and exercise routine this week, hopefully my weight improves also.

EQ ? What’s that ?
Erectile Quality