Wedding coming up and dont know what to do

jwilson02

Reaction score
Hey guys, im 23 and started receding at the temples since about 21. I was ok with my maturing hairline, probably a norwood 1.5 at the timie. I actually looked better with a receding hairline than without. My brother went bald and my mothers father was slick bald. I could see my self progressing ever so slowly worse and wanted to just maintain. So I jumped on finasteride about a month ago. Things were ok but my hairline was wispy and looked a mess so i wanted to thicken it up.

i started rogaine foam about 5 days ago. Now here is my problem. I have my wedding in approximately 4 months. And on the 5 days of rogaine, i have probably receded about 3 inches on my left temple! People were literally asking me if i got a shitty haircut or something. The right one is diffusing fast as well. So my question is, should i friggin drop the rogaine until after my wedding so i dont friggin lose it all in 4 months or should i tough it out? I dont see any new hairs on my left temple. This stuff is like poison!

Thanks in advance.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In my experience.. you will will trade density for signs of regrowth over the next 2-3 months, the signs of regrowth may not be cosmetic by that point so it may look slightly thinner for the wedding, although the foam should give it more body overall. I'd try to tough it out otherwise you might not be seeing regrowth til summer '08.

jwilson02

Reaction score
should i continue to apply the foam further and further down my head as i lose more and more? It seems like the never ending story and i feel like ill eventuall have two runway like bald strips running down either side of my head(Norwood 9?) before i see growth back at the front lol

jwilson02

Reaction score
well ive decided to stop after only a few days on minoxidil! Whereas i was about a nw1.5 7 days ago, I am about to watch my temples touch in the middle of my head! This is seriously fucked up stuff. Does anyone know if the hair lost regrows if you only used it a couple days? i mean seriously, rogaine just took 15 years from me in less than a week...:sigh:

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
got any pics you can post?

i think you should have stuck it out as well, because minoxidil doesn't cause permanent hair loss just sheds. so you are going to have to recover from this shed anyways.

ilussion82

Reaction score
hi. no worries man.
u can get a concealer like toppik for you big day.
it makes hair look so thick.
so remain on your treatment and get a concealer.