Wearing hair system as a accessorie

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys.
I want to order a system now. As is said in my previous post i want to wear a undercut but just as accessorie sometimes. I have had a transplant 2 years ago. But i always had a buzz cut and still like it but i also want to wear a system sometimes.

Maybe I will like it and wear it like you guys for 1-2 weeks.

Which system should I order. I am thinking about a full lace. And walked tapes for daily wear.
Can I use the tapes more than one time when it's on the hair system?

Is a thin skin better for accessorie style of wearing?

Please give me some advises.

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I use the same tapes on the lace more than one time or do I have to change them?

Which tapes do you recommend?

And by french lace you mean the whole have should be lace?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Luca,

A couple of things.

1. If you want to wear a system, you will need to shave the hair off underneath it.

2. Daily wear is not recommended, these are meant to stay on your head for 1-3 weeks at a time.

3. Tapes are meant to be used once and thrown away.

4. Thin skin (especially the 0.03mm) kind is delicate and can tear easily and not meant for constant removal and replacement.

5. Lace is the most durable, lace + skin is for easier clean-up and longer bond attachment.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you want to wear it like a "hair extension" then there are clip on systems with their own advantages and disadvantages.
They make up a very small amount of the male market and systems are generally more efficient and kind worn for 1-3 weeks at a go

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it seems like I can not wear systems daily then right?
I thought maybe it's possible.
Thnx

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thnx
No, you absolutely can & there are people who do it. You can tape a unit on your head and remove it as as much as you want until the stickiness of the glue goes away, which is about 1 week.

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok. Should I buy double-sided tapes in this case or just one side tapes?
Also are there any daily wearers here?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want to wear it like a "hair extension" then there are clip on systems with their own advantages and disadvantages.
They make up a very small amount of the male market and systems are generally more efficient and kind worn for 1-3 weeks at a go
Except he says he keeps his hair buzzed short, so nothing to clip onto.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thnx
Some guys have claimed they have using super-strong hair gel. I have my doubts about how well it works. And you need to have a smooth scalp underneath.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why on earth would you want to detach and reattach a hair system every day? That would be far too much hassle and, as others have said, would put a lot of wear and tear on the system and reduce its lifespan. Wearing for 1 - 3 weeks at a time is the way to go. You can just focus on living your life without all the hassle, save for a little bit of looking after each day (i.e. a bit of spray in conditioner, and touching up/cleaning up the hairline every so often). I would NOT consider wearing only a day at a time - that defeats the object to me.

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why on earth would you want to detach and reattach a hair system every day? That would be far too much hassle and, as others have said, would put a lot of wear and tear on the system and reduce its lifespan. Wearing for 1 - 3 weeks at a time is the way to go. You can just focus on living your life without all the hassle, save for a little bit of looking after each day (i.e. a bit of spray in conditioner, and touching up/cleaning up the hairline very so often). I would NOT consider wearing only a day at a time - that defeats the object to me.
When I used to do a perimeter bond with tape, it was extremely easy to do. I wasn't removing the tape every night. I was removing the piece, peeling it off; and, in the mornings, I'd re-attach after spraying the tape down w/ alcohol. It was very. Never liked sleeping with these things the nights I did.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I used to do a perimeter bond with tape, it was extremely easy to do. I wasn't removing the tape every night. I was removing the piece, peeling it off; and, in the mornings, I'd re-attach after spraying the tape down w/ alcohol. It was very. Never liked sleeping with these things the nights I did.

You're in the minority there then. If people want something to take off every night, a wig would be better than a hair system.

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I guess I have to try to wear it for a week or so. My only issue is showering and sleeping.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I guess I have to try to wear it for a week or so. My only issue is showering and sleeping.
Ya, try to wear it as long as you can, within limits. I hated showering w the piece on, sleeping with it, sweating in it, etc. Just disgusting to me. Maybe I could have gotten used to it, but I was too allergic to the tapes to for any sort of long bond.

You can also use Got2B gel, which works especially well with French lace. People who talk down on it clearly haven't done it effectively.

The Gel has to be applied to the scalp fairly generously & then allowed to dry ONLY a little bit. It's like a traditional white glue which you have to apply, allow to dry, and then are left with a very tacky scalp onto which to bond your toupee.

If you allow Got2B to dry fully, it loses its tackiness & becomes useless. You have to apply when very shortly after application of the gel to scalp before applying the piece. There was someone here who did this with UTS every two days or so, and was reporting great results.

I found Got2B works much better w lace than it does w poly.

What happens, unfortunately, is hairs are invariably pulled through the lace when Got2B is used. That said, a unit I've only ever used Got2B with has been, by far, by best preserved piece - at medium/light density.

Got2B Black Gel.

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
@cottonReville don't u use hair systems anymore?

Yeah I would also try got2be.

I can somehow imagine sleeping with a system but not washing my head everyday seems impossible. And showering everyday would damage the system...that's the problem the marketers sell the hair system thing so easy but when you think about the details it seems to be a hard solution.

I will still try it to know what it feels like.