Wearing a Hat....bad for hair?

Reaction score
I enjoy wearing a hat, but am a little worried that it is doing my hairloss no good to wear one. I've heard that hairloss isn't due to wearing a hat and that it is a myth. However, can it hinder my progress in trying to regrow hair with my regimen? Thanks for any help..

Reaction score
Thanks for input guys, i feel more at ease now wearing a hat.....and i find it hard to believe a hat would make my scalp oily????

G

Bostoncreamman said:
Thanks for input guys, i feel more at ease now wearing a hat.....and i find it hard to believe a hat would make my scalp oily????

egggzactly!! :)

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Eeesh! That myth has got to be as old as the hills. But it is interesting that it does have some believable qualities to it:( But thankfully it just t-aint true!

Greg

Duncan McFly

Reaction score
No matter what anyone tells you, wearing a hat will not cause hairloss. Anyone who says it will is ignorant or gullible. Plain and simple.

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
Wearing a hat is fine, I've just read that its not good to sleep with one on.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh rats!!! And I was going to start wearing my brand new night cap this winter! Oh well:)

Greg

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
This is my opinion -- but when I wear a hat my hair gets in all weird positions and I think I pull some out. What is it called -- abrasion alopecia?