Weak Erections From Dutastride Just After The Second Day

alexheally

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from finasteride to dutasteride in the past once I took the pill immediately I got really tired and sleepy
Then the second day I took it I didn't get tired or anything but I got weak erections and freaked out
The third day I didn't take it and tested my self and got really good erection and everything was fine again
Btw I didn't have any problems while I was on propecia before swetching.
So my question is, Can this be due to changing the dosage?
cause I'm at the the third day was fine and maybe my body was adapting to the new dosage? or there's nothing like that?
Also can some people have sides from dutastride but they don't on propecia because it's lower dosage?
cause I'm taking propecia now no sides and good erections but I'm afraid about what happened before that I can get weak erections from propecia too
It's been more than 4 months now on propecia, Im getting morning wood and getting erection without p**rn just by touching my self so it means I have good erections but till now I'm still so afraid about what happened before and having so much anxiety it sucks
Please help me guys to know what's going on

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its common to get more sides on dutasteride due to the fact it inhibits a much greater amount of DHT through inhibiting all 3 types of 5ar.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Turn your brain off and everything will be fine. dutasteride is just like finasteride in regards to sides. The more you freak out for no reason the more you’ll get sides

alexheally

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Turn your brain off and everything will be fine. dutasteride is just like finasteride in regards to sides. The more you freak out for no reason the more you’ll get sides
that's why I'm actually worried cause both are similar drugs
I'm asking if it's possible for someone to get sides on dutastride but don't get on propecia
or someone can get not permanent sides because changing the dosage because maybe your body is taking time to adapt to the new dht levels

alexheally

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its common to get more sides on dutasteride due to the fact it inhibits a much greater amount of DHT through inhibiting all 3 types of 5ar.
I mean if you have a side effect on dutastride doesn't that mean you will have it on finasteride too but a little weaker? or I'm mistaken?
can it be normal that you can have side effects on dutastride that you don't get on propecia because it's lower dosage?

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for 10 years. Never any sides. I switched to Dutasteride and had low libido. It is a much stronger drug. So yes you can have sides on Dutasteride that you didn’t have on finasteride.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not literally immediately I mean like after 2-3 mins
Why the hell do you try to jerk off right after popping dutasteride? 2-3 minutes is not even long enough to even dissolve the outer layer. Just relax and stop jerking off all the time and your erections will get strong

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean if you have a side effect on dutastride doesn't that mean you will have it on finasteride too but a little weaker? or I'm mistaken?
can it be normal that you can have side effects on dutastride that you don't get on propecia because it's lower dosage?

No some people just need a small amount of DHT to have function . Removing it all for many would be the tipping point. Also dutasteride increases estrogen more than finasteride which could also be the cause of more sides.

You however did not get sides a few minutes from taking dutasteride or finasteride. It’s in your head. Stop touching your dick so much.

Thesmeesh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much all of the studies done on dutasteride vs finasteride note roughly the same level of side effects, with some studies even finding their subjects on dutasteride experiences less sides than the finasteride treatment.

If it's that quick, I'm sorry, but it's in your head. The placebo effect is a very real, and established principle. I read a study the other day that listed the finasteride and dutasteride side effect percent at roughly 7-8%, and the control group (with neither drug) at 5%.

Try not to think about it.

Thesmeesh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, the studies are not trustworthy at all.

A few days ago another article from Reuters stating Merck witheld study results.

Get off now OP. This is not placebo giving you weaker erections. Duta is hormone therapy and many men have side effects, for some they stay even after quitting.

Stop being absurd. The Merck results show nothing new. It has long been established that 5-alpha reductase inhibitors can bring about side effects in a small percent of subjects, and from this, a subset may develop symptoms which persist even after they stop taking the drugs. All it shows is that big pharma companies are evil (spoiler alert).

The studies aren't trustworthy? Says who? Have you read them? You do realise studies are undertaken by parties completely detached from big pharma, i.e. research labs, universities/colleges, and so on. A lot of research has been done on this class of drugs, you don't need a Merck admission to realise the risks.

You can downvote my comment all you want, but it's clear that you're not well-researched in the subject if you think this Merck news shows anything new.

BananaBlunt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it was all obvious since i read that they are the manufacturers of Vioxx and the same of the drug for Hepatitis C that killed those innocent babies when it was administered... It's nobody's fault that people are actually dumb and it will never stop that's what people need to understand, if you have already 3 trials of 3 different drugs and they lied and manipulated all 3 of them, and hundred of thousands of people died and they are still making drugs like nothing happen, what did you thought or what do you actually think, that they will give an actual f*** for 60 suicides that can't prove sh*t or for thousands of sides that can't be proven because they are so strong correlated with the brain functions?

You can document yourself real good because internet has it's good side also, not just incel sites and forums, and that side is that news travels fast and things are harder to be kept secret, besides all the info and research that is actually available online, it's only up to you...You can sit and argue around until you all puke but in the end, your experience matters, not anybody's else... And the more the argues, the more good for them, for the industry itself that does not give a f*** and while we are here arguing, they are making tons of money, and i'm not saying only Merk, because it's clear that he does not give a f*** about money anymore, he killed 500k people with Vioxx, a lot of kids with the other and the list goes on, list that you can actually find online with all the harm his company has done, but who gives a f***, do you really think that the people who are behind this don't know, the FDA and many others? You must be real naive if you really think that, as long as you don't die or there are not "sufficient deaths" around it, as long as you can't prove, nobody will give a f***, especially that it's written on the leaflet that you can get persistent or permanent damage from it, say goodbye you can't do sh*t if something happens...

They found the perfect drug, the mind is so strong correlated with sexual functions that they have the perfect alibi, you won't prove sh*t get over it, they will tell you that all the symptoms are in your head and you can't prove sh*t, science can't prove it, who the f*** do you really think will believe you, that your penises have shrunken or that you have brain fog or impotence or maybe even commit suicide, they will say that you were predisposed because your mother was sad a month when she had you in her womb... Grow up, even the guys from Propecia help just want a cure, they are making posts with pictures from this website and laughing about peoples stupidity and ignorance, they are more mature than 99% of the users of this forum, they understood that nothing can be done and that nobody can be saved and that people will swallow whatever to save their hair, that until they get burned and only after they will start crying and open their eyes, etc ... People just want a cure and an alternative to this sh*t, but unfortunately i don't think we will see something too soon...

I'm sorry for the ones that are balding and that don't have an alternative ( and i'm talking about myself also here ) and i'm sorry for the ones that got sides from this sh*t, especially the ones that got permanent or long lasting ones at least, but in the end we need to be realistic and admit that it's your fault, for ignoring all the contradictory info, all the valid sourced studies that show strong evidence, like the one made by the academy of urology, all the stories of the people who tried to warn you, all the shitty and criminal history of the pharmaceutical company that created this drug, the history of the FDA and the knowledge behind on how they are approving drugs, the opiates crisis that sprouted all over the world, bla bla and so on... It's peoples fault that are naive and fall into the trap of manipulated sheep that believe everything because rest is just a "conspiracy theory made by bald men trying to keep young ones from keeping their hair", the most common line seen on this type of forums...

Now tell me my fellow baldies, what could i be called if i ignore all the info, all the studies, all the history and info about the companies and the FDA, all the other fellow baldies stories who got fucked for life from this pill, how should i be called if i ignore all of this and still pop the pill out of desperation just because there are some who say that it can't happen, or that the numbers are small like how could they possibly know in the first place, but nobody asks them anyway, how should i be called if i still take it and get sides?

The most retarded f*** from the face of this planet and if i would do it and get burned, i would deserve my faith 100%, nobody that is truly informed, still takes it and gets sides does not deserve pity or something, they have done it with their own f*****g hands, this is the harsh truth and i know that deep inside it's not our fault, because every each of us suffers because of this, in our own way but where do we end up by giving up and playing their game, on the propecia help forum after being on the hair loss one trying to keep our hair?

Last edited:

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I switched from finasteride to dutasteride in the past once I took the pill immediately I got really tired and sleepy
Then the second day I took it I didn't get tired or anything but I got weak erections and freaked out
The third day I didn't take it and tested my self and got really good erection and everything was fine again
Btw I didn't have any problems while I was on propecia before swetching.
So my question is, Can this be due to changing the dosage?
cause I'm at the the third day was fine and maybe my body was adapting to the new dosage? or there's nothing like that?
Also can some people have sides from dutastride but they don't on propecia because it's lower dosage?
cause I'm taking propecia now no sides and good erections but I'm afraid about what happened before that I can get weak erections from propecia too
It's been more than 4 months now on propecia, Im getting morning wood and getting erection without p*rn just by touching my self so it means I have good erections but till now I'm still so afraid about what happened before and having so much anxiety it sucks
Please help me guys to know what's going on
When online, never take advice from someone that belittles and mocks you

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride is neither approved nor marketed by anyone for hair loss. Anybody that is taking it is doing it for off-label purposes. At that point the responsibility for whatever happens is 100% on the person taking the drug for unapproved purposes. It's a gamble and a bargain that we all make when we get on these drugs.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride is neither approved nor marketed by anyone for hair loss. Anybody that is taking it is doing it for off-label purposes. At that point the responsibility for whatever happens is 100% on the person taking the drug for unapproved purposes. It's a gamble and a bargain that we all make when we get on these drugs.

Pretty sure in Korea it is approved for hairloss.

BananaBlunt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure in Korea it is approved for hairloss.

Yeah, but have you at least wondered ever why? Or even bothered to search for the reason? It's because Asians are more tolerable to sides, check it out... It seems that their bodies handle drugs differently for whatever reason...

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, but have you at least wondered ever why? Or even bothered to search for the reason? It's because Asians are more tolerable to sides, check it out... It seems that their bodies handle drugs differently for whatever reason...
I heard if this before but is ut based in reality?