Weak erection and less sensetive penis - 19 Y/O

Bumblebee

Reaction score
Weak erections and less sensitive penis - 19 Y/O

Hi guys,

I started taking Propecia two days ago (took my third pill today) and it seems like I'm starting to feel numb "down south". My penis feels numb (sensitivity's decreased alot) and it's hard to hold an erection. I discovered this yesterday and it really hasn't gotten any better today. I added 20mg of zinc to regimen, although I haven't felt any better, but it's too soon to tell if the zinc will do any good. Also, I have this "wierd" feeling in my urethra.

What should I do? Does it get usually get better with time? I'm really frightened (although I try not to think about it), getting impotent at the age of 19 isn't something I really want to experience. As I've stated, this is my third day on Propecia so it's a little early to tell. I can also add that I feel completely normal otherwise, I haven't felt any signs of other side effects.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
my only advice is

A) .5 every other day is the best dose, anything else is excessive so if you continue do that- it'll also be cheaper.

B) if you stop taking it due to sides then NEVER take it again.

blondi

Reaction score
This all seems so weird to me, I started taking finasteride about 4 days ago and I've had morning wood everyday since and my erections are still rock hard. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Are you sure you can have side effects after two damn days? I'm 24 by the way.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Why if somebody stops taking it never take it again?

If you stop due to sides it means that you're body probably can't handle it, at least not effortlessly like most other finasteride users, many people's sides leave where they left off when they get back on the drug, myself included, so to do so is just unnecessarily risky.

- - - Updated - - -

This all seems so weird to me, I started taking finasteride about 4 days ago and I've had morning wood everyday since and my erections are still rock hard. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Are you sure you can have side effects after two damn days? I'm 24 by the way.

You're not lucky, we're unlucky.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't taper off... Just stop taking the medication ASAP. The way I see it is finasteride has a short half life but it's effects can last long after you stop taking it. Example: one pill will lower your dht for over a week! and that's just taking one pill. Who knows if there is any compounding effect of taking multiple pill. They didn't do a comparison or study on that. What I'm getting at is if you taper down you aren't going to be helping yourself. You will just prolong the drugs effect.

If you are on the med you should take 1 mg. if you are off the med you should be off of it. Period.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

4 days!? You're in the clear! Have you regrown your teenage hairline as well?

Bumblebee

Reaction score
Today is my fourth day on Propecia: That "feeling" in my uethra has seized, but I still have a "wierd" feeling in my testicles. I think my erections just got slightly better, although I don't get any spontaneous erections. Still no sign of other side effects.

I've also heard that some people have experienced penis shrinkage after being on Propecia. Mine seems as "large" as normal (might look slighly smaller as it isn't as hard as it usually is in its flaccid state), but I feel much less if I'm touching myself down there.

My doctor recommended me to continue the month out, at least. Is it possible that my body is just adjusting to the new DHT levels? Has anyone else here experienced the same thing? Did the sexual side effects still persist after a while for you guys?

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
If I recall back 12.5 years ago I had a lot of anxiety over my libido going away. Lots of paranoia masturbation later and the first wet dream i had ever had in my life I decided nope the drug does not have an effect on me that way! Everyone's body is different

Bumblebee

Reaction score
If I recall back 12.5 years ago I had a lot of anxiety over my libido going away. Lots of paranoia masturbation later and the first wet dream i had ever had in my life I decided nope the drug does not have an effect on me that way! Everyone's body is different

Might I ask how long you were on Propecia and why you stopped? Was it becuase of any side effects?

Also, did you experience any weight gain? I've lost a "ton" of weight lately and would like to keep it that way. According to some posts, Finasteride might cause weight gain, thus my question.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Today is my fourth day on Propecia: That "feeling" in my uethra has seized, but I still have a "wierd" feeling in my testicles. I think my erections just got slightly better, although I don't get any spontaneous erections. Still no sign of other side effects.

I've also heard that some people have experienced penis shrinkage after being on Propecia. Mine seems as "large" as normal (might look slighly smaller as it isn't as hard as it usually is in its flaccid state), but I feel much less if I'm touching myself down there.

My doctor recommended me to continue the month out, at least. Is it possible that my body is just adjusting to the new DHT levels? Has anyone else here experienced the same thing? Did the sexual side effects still persist after a while for you guys?

I think that if you're not getting mental sides then there's a good chance that you'll adjust. Your brain is an important part of the endocrine system so if it's working properly it can possibly adjust to the meds.

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
Might I ask how long you were on Propecia and why you stopped? Was it becuase of any side effects?

Also, did you experience any weight gain? I've lost a "ton" of weight lately and would like to keep it that way. According to some posts, Finasteride might cause weight gain, thus my question.

I didn't quit due to sides. I quit in 2011 for the followikg
reasons:

News media talking about how harmful the drug is (patent almost up it was probably paid for advertising)
News media talking about fake online propecia (a legitimate concern that what I had been taken for the last year was fake..)
You can't give blood (I really wanted to donate blood on behalf of the death of a close family member. This also gave me a chance to see if I notice a difference being off the drug after being on it 8.5 yeas, also started second guessing if I had hair loss..)

That was basically it. To be honest I didn't notice sides while on it. But when I quit I did feel a change. More morning wood. Longer lasting erections. More easily angered. I just decided it was better to stay quit. Then when I wanted to restart infertility became a new side effect on the warning label. That is something I would never sacrifice despite most men on propecia being able to impregnate women just fine while on it.

Bumblebee

Reaction score
My first full week on Propecia today. The side effects have actually disappeared. Let's just hope that they'll not return.

Might I ask how long it took for you guys before you saw any results?

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
You will probably lose hair at first. 3 months in it will get worse. 9 months in it should start looking normal again and staying that way. Don't expect regrowth. Expect to keep what you have.

Bumblebee

Reaction score
Look it's your body. But you really need to study both sides of this issue. Even doctor's that prescribe it a lot admit the rate is 5%. And I had a friend who was a dentist, the lawsuits in the US (medical) can be 500,000 dollars. Nothing to sneeze at, so I don't know how honest they are being when they say five percent. I think lots of people will not have issues with finasteride, and will gain lots of hair. I don't take Propecia any more. I just take it with my current minoxidil solution, in liquid form. I would seriously think about this, if your 19, your body is not really fully developed between twenty and twenty five. Also, DHT supports nerve systems in the body (brain uses it, and muscles). So your prostate, which produces semen for reproduction, also absorbs finasteride. It's a known fact. Just research, and come to your own conclusions.

Well, taking Propecia has actually made me think less about my hairloss. Just thinking about it caused an extreme amount of anxiety which affected my negatively. Being on Propecia now's actually quite a relive, even though I haven't started to see any results yet; Thus, I'm going to take the risk. I've spoken to several doctors (some of them even being family members), and they all said that it isn't as scary as it's being spoken about on the internet. One of my family members has actually been on Propecia without any side effects. Those initial side effects I had might've actually been from a cold: I got a severe cold just before starting taking my first Propecia pill, and the loss of libido during sickness isn't something I haven't experienced before.

Let's just hope there'll be some regrowth, that'll at least make me putting energy on more important things, rather than getting stressed when looking in the mirror.

EDIT: Just to add; the side effect that actually scares me the most right now is the risk of weight gain. As I've mentioned earlier; I've lost a ton of weight during this year (was obese two years ago), getting fat again is something I really don't want.

Bumblebee

Reaction score
I wish never took propecia , I quit because the sides but they still happen today. I now have a penis with no feeling. When I get an erection it is weak and orgasms are without pleasure. My sex drive has gone away too. My doctor told me about HRT but I can not afford the money so I now live a hopelss life. People should be aware of side effects from changing hormones . It is not healthy to remove DHT from a male person

How long did you take Propecia before feeling any sides? Might I even ask what kind of sides you suffered from?

g.i joey

Reaction score
I wish never took propecia , I quit because the sides but they still happen today. I now have a penis with no feeling. When I get an erection it is weak and orgasms are without pleasure. My sex drive has gone away too. My doctor told me about HRT but I can not afford the money so I now live a hopelss life. People should be aware of side effects from changing hormones . It is not healthy to remove DHT from a male person

if thats the case, then i am guessing you still have the same amount of hair on your head from when you quit finasteride

Drak

Reaction score
I would take L-Arginine supplements if suffering from ED from finasteride. I used it to counter other side effects, and it's worked.