We need a "money bar" for Help fund hair loss rese

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

Would it be useful to have one of those money status bars for the funding of research? I asked a while ago if I could contribute, saying what you had said long before, that if each of us would pitch in, it would make a huge differenct, AND catch the eye of other project coordinators.

Here's the url I am referring to:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newslet...e=article&sid=207&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

I still think it's a good idea. I can spare even $100, so if that equates to 13,000,000, that's quite a bit of cash.

a brief description:

Can you spare a dollar? HairlossTalk serves up now over 130,000 users a month. If everyone gave only $1 it would be sufficient to fund this project, and would get the attention of the pharmaceutical and research industries, that we consumers are anxiously awaiting some progress. We believe this will result in future projects that will not be limited by the "marketability" issue which has resulted in denied grants to those who can help find a cure. The people will begin to influence what gets researched, and future projects should spring up from foundations like Kirsch, who exist to fund research projects *for the people*, not for big business.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
second that, why dont we give it a test run. some sort of petition also maybe? although money does speak louder. let a few pharmaceuticals know we are planning to do this before it goes ahead. hopefully get some interest and attention.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Nah, $130K won't pay the rent and keep the lights on at a research facility.

I have a better idea. Let's use the money to establish a company that produces and markets snake oil hairloss cures! With all the knowledge we have about products and people and exactly what it takes to fool them into thinking that a phony treatment is the next big thing, we could really rake it in!

I think we have some good tech talent amongst us too, we could probably whip up a really sexy website that will be slick and look professional. And with all the hairloss physics knowledge we have, we can dazzle people with bullshit answers that sound legit.

Let's turn that $130K into $130M and really turn some heads! Some bald heads, that is.