We killed Bin Laden! f*** your Jihad! Hoorah Seals!!!!!!!!!!

powersam

Reaction score
Re: We killed Bin Laden! f*ck your Jihad! Hoorah Seals!!!!!!!!!!

finfighter said:
powersam said:
Finfighter that was a pitiful response to Aussieavodarts post. Trollish in fact. You just ignore any point you cannot deal with.

Please read and reply to the posting of OBL's letter, and read and reply to the posted statements from your own government concerning the war on terror.

You're a clown, you would be critisizing my president if he was posting on here, I don't respond to people who hold irrational beliefs in conspiracy theories, there's no satisfying people like you, and frankly I don't care. You can b**ch all you want, you are powerless, you can't change this situation, because my countries going to continue on it's path no matter how loud you b**ch, I could care less about your opiinion! I don't argue with mentally retarded people for the same reason, LOL!

Another post in the same vein, refusing to answer. Pitiful. It's head in the sand type stuff really. You've been shown OBL's own words stating their motivation, and seen the same thing said by American advisors, yet you ignore it completely and refuse to answer, instead falling back on childish insults. You do your country no favours by acting in such an immature manner.

Really??Name one!

Northern Ireland, take your pick.

And there are these also - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

powersam said:
Optimus - My point was that as any translated religious text can be translated in various ways, and as isolated sentences can be taken out of context, using lines of the quran to condemn a whole religion is pitiful at best, hateful and xenophobic at worst.

OK, I was throwing that quote in there for the hell of it. But you cannot deny the terror that is taking place world wide in the name of Mohammed.

I have Muslim friends and they are kind sweet people and have more morales than most atheists. This is not me hating on Muslims. They share many of the same values as Christians.

The problem is a number (quite large number) are translating it differently and will do all they can to destroy this world as we know it. Including the killing of Muslims who they don't think are religious enough.

powersam said:
Dubai for one, Qatar, Turkey. It is important to note though, that the Ottoman empire was at the top of the heap for a long time. So obviously countries can succeed economically despite being predominantly Islamic

Well Dubai is a mess. It is borderline collapse and needs to be bailed out. I have also heard so many stores of discrimination against non-Muslims. It's a start I guess.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

@ FinFighter

I would relax. Aussie has hated on the US for years. It is his view and you should accept it. Don't take it personal.

I don't think he hates Americans individually as people.

The same goes for Powersam, they just believe the US is wrong. Plenty believe the USA are right.

powersam

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
powersam said:
Really??Name one!

Northern Ireland, take your pick.

And there are these also - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Yea, agreed Northern Ireland was sick. However Britain has to take a HUGE blame for that. We took their land and dumped people there. The Irish were never going to accept that.

The thing is that same reasoning can be used about Palestine.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

powersam said:

Most definitely. I believe it was the British again who organised that.

powersam

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
powersam said:

Most definitely. I believe it was the British again who organised that.

Certainly was. Britain has done a whole lot of nasty, as has pretty much every country that reached a certain level of power. Doesn't make it right.

HughJass

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
I think the war on Terror is a war on fundamentalist Muslims.

So why aren't the proponents of the war on terror bombing the House of Saud? or pulling their bases out of Bahrain? or refusing to deal with the Karzai government? or refusing to arm and train Libyan rebels from the east? All of those regimes and groups meet the criteria for what we would regard as radical muslims.

If the war on Terror is a war on fundamentalist muslims, you have to explain whythose fundamentalist muslims are not only not in the crosshairs, but considered invaluable allies.

We will lose.

Lose what? I don't understand what you are referring to there.

I travel to Philippines and they bomb buses. Why? Because the 5% Muslims want the 85% Christians to follow Muslim law. They kill and rape. How do you fight that?

The Philippines survives with help from the Americans. I for one respect the Americans for that. They may f*ck up at times, but they are also heroes at times. In the Philippines they are heroes.

I can't say I know much about the situation in the Philippines but the approach to combating terrorism requires the same approach as it does everywhere else and it comes in the kind of police, military and civilian effort which marginalizes terrorists. Perhaps the Muslim majority have a legitimate gripe against the catholic government which needs to be addressed and is giving sympathy to the terrorists. Given that the Philippines army has one of the worst human rights records in the world so I think I can safely assume that is probably the case, just like I can safely assume the tactics they are employing are only making things worse.

It's important to note that the number of Islamic insurgents in the country is a fraction of 5% percent of the population, by your own admission. Tiny numbers. That should be reason enough for anyone to doubt your claim that the US military's presence is vital for the survival of the country. It's merely a pretext for the US to justify having bases in the region. Standard imperial doctrine.

HughJass

Reaction score

finfighter said:
To those reading this thread; about 40% of what Aussie says is unsubstanciated Bull sh*t conspiracy theories that he read on blogs, the guy has very poor sources, FYI!

@Aussie, I'm not going to waste my breath trying to reason with a conspiracy theorist such as you self. You don't believe that AQ or Bin laden was responsible for 9/11 LMAO, what a nut job!!!!!!

You have absolutely zero control, or influence in this situation, I imagine that this must be a very frustrating situation for you, this is very apparent from your behavior. You must accept that there is nothing that you can do to change the current situation, and that the US will continue to Kick AQ's ***. And we will continue to celebrate. All while you sit helpless at your computer screen, bitching on a balding forum LOL! You must be very frustrated indeed. Yet, we are all celebrating here in our country!!!! We are happy we haven't had another terrorist attack yes we have lost soldiers, but it is a small fraction in comparison to the AQ ememies that we have destroyed, we have been kicking *** the entire time and we will continue to, because AQ f***ed with the wrong country! My favorite part of all of this is that you can't change sh*t, all you can do is b**ch on a balding forum, you might as well be an insect! I find this very amusing!

OK I think I've given you enough of my time now. Either you're are incapable of understanding or you're simply not prepared to listen to anyone with views which don't mirror your own.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

aussieavodart said:
It's important to note that the number of Islamic insurgents in the country is a fraction of 5% percent of the population, by your own admission. Tiny numbers. That should be reason enough for anyone to doubt your claim that the US military's presence is vital for the survival of the country. It's merely a pretext for the US to justify having bases in the region. Standard imperial doctrine.

"2000 Philippine census found that 5.1% of the population is Muslim" I never said insurgents, I said Muslims.

The US help train the Philippine army, as well as supply vital intelligence to prevent them MURDERING innocent civilians.

aussieavodart said:
I can't say I know much about the situation in the Philippines but the approach to combating terrorism requires the same approach as it does everywhere else and it comes in the kind of police, military and civilian effort which marginalizes terrorists. Any kind of persecution, real or perceived, of the muslim population at the hands of the catholic majority is what will give the insurgents credibility amongst the muslim population. Remove that and the can easily be defeated. The Philippines army has one of the worst human rights records in the world so I think I can safely assume they are employing tactics which help to feed it.

This bits in bold are enough for me to work out the kind of person you are and I will not be discussing this topic with you any more. You claim to not know much on the topic yet you defend the bombing of innocent civilians who just want to live their life. Come on man. Get a grip.

powersam

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
yet you defend the bombing of innocent civilians who just want to live their life. Come on man. Get a grip.

He criticized the tactics used to combat bombings, nowhere (at least not in that post) did he defend bombings.

HughJass

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
"2000 Philippine census found that 5.1% of the population is Muslim" I never said insurgents, I said Muslims.

Yes I understand that your 5.1% figure was in reference to the Muslim population, not the number of insurgents. My claim is that the number of insurgents in a fraction of that 5.1%

The US help train the Philippine army, as well as supply vital intelligence to prevent them MURDERING innocent civilians.

Assistance in the form of foreign boots on the ground can't really be justified when the one thing they are not lacking is manpower.

This bits in bold are enough for me to work out the kind of person you are and I will not be discussing this topic with you any more. You claim to not know much on the topic yet you defend the bombing of innocent civilians who just want to live their life. Come on man. Get a grip.

So saying the Philippine army has a terrible human rights record (which it does) and making the rather bleedingly obvious observation that brutalizing a civilian population, ignoring due process etc does more to win sympathy for insurgents than it does to defeat them, equates to defending the bombing of civilians?

I think you need to seriously check your logic there.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

His initial reaction is to make an excuse for the terrorists by claiming the army feed the issue. I won't debate with anyone who makes excuses for terror on innocent people.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

aussieavodart said:
Assistance in the form of foreign boots on the ground can't really be justified when the one thing they are not lacking is manpower.

Why? Since when has the minority ruled the majority? If the people vote in a leader, and the leader wants foreign help, then so be it.

powersam

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
His initial reaction is to make an excuse for the terrorists by claiming the army feed the issue. I won't debate with anyone who makes excuses for terror on innocent people.

That is a very odd and I have to say flawed way to look at it. Making suggestions on how to deal with the problem in a more effective way does not at all equal making excuses for acts of terror on innocent people.

Quite the opposite.

HughJass

Reaction score

optimus prime said:

It seems to me you are just looking for a reason to be indignant. I find it difficult to believe that you don't understand what I am saying, then again.....

The argument I am making is one of cause and effect. If an army, any army, brutalizes a population then that population will feel sympathy towards insurgents who strike back at that army and it's civilian supporters. That isn't 'excusing terrorism'. It's not even making a moral judgement about whether terrorism is right or wrong- it's just making a very obvious observation.

HughJass

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
aussieavodart said:

Why? Since when has the minority ruled the majority? If the people vote in a leader, and the leader wants foreign help, then so be it.

Would you want foreign troops in your country if it wasn't absolutely necessary for them to be there? Especially if those troops belonged to a 'former' colonial master who invaded your country killing thousands in the process, supported dictators who ruled you for decades, crushed local democratic movements and interfered in your political system in order to favor it's strategic goals in the region, as the US has done in the Philippines?

oni

Reaction score

So now the Pakistan government are not giving access to Osama bin laden's widows.........and the rest of the info the Seal team left behind....... :whistle:

It has also been leaked that the youngest of the widows has been at the compound in Pakistan since at least 2006.

I am betting Osama bin laden was in the safe hands of Pakistan since about 2003.............

Like I said Pakistan has been playing both sides of the fence........the rest will come out.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

finfighter said:
aussieavodart said:
I can't say I know much about the situation in the Philippines but the approach to combating terrorism requires the same approach as it does everywhere else and it comes in the kind of police, military and civilian effort which marginalizes terrorists. Perhaps the Muslim majority have a legitimate gripe against the catholic government which needs to be addressed and is giving sympathy to the terrorists. Given that the Philippines army has one of the worst human rights records in the world so I think I can safely assume that is probably the case, just like I can safely assume the tactics they are employing are only making things worse.

Wow, do you notice a trend? The terrorist attacks are never the fault of the radical Muslims in aussies view, he always justifies their actions! What a sicko! I will not debate with people with these types of character flaws, I wouldn't have debated with a Nazi sympathizer during WWII either!

I have to agree with FinFighter. There is having a debate with someone, and then there is arguing with someone who will no matter what not accept that the radical Muslims have to accept responsibility for their actions in this society like the rest of us.

I have plenty of gripes about my government, you don't see me bombing local shopping centres. It is not done. End of.

powersam

Reaction score

optimus prime said:
finfighter said:
aussieavodart said:

Wow, do you notice a trend? The terrorist attacks are never the fault of the radical Muslims in aussies view, he always justifies their actions! What a sicko! I will not debate with people with these types of character flaws, I wouldn't have debated with a Nazi sympathizer during WWII either!

I have to agree with FinFighter. There is having a debate with someone, and then there is arguing with someone who will no matter what not accept that the radical Muslims have to accept responsibility for their actions in this society like the rest of us.

I have plenty of gripes about my government, you don't see me bombing local shopping centres. It is not done. End of.

This does seem to be the crux of the argument, but only because neither of you seem to be able to, or possibly refuse to accept the idea that one can disagree with terrorist actions, and also disagree with the actions of the governments that provoke those actions. Simultaneously.

Not surprising thoguh as from the outset you guys have been forcefed the idea that either one is totally with, or completely against, USA. This is not the case.

You've got to admit the French/Freedom fries thing was pretty stupid.