Ways To Prevent Dementia: Need Advice

wrenchcast

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dementia is such a dreadful condition among the elderly. Can we prevent it from happening? What are the best ways to stop it from happening in the future?

linkcharm

My Regimen
Reaction score
A number of studies indicate that maintaining strong social connections and keeping mentally active might lower the risk of Dementia

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Work, Work and work. Keep the mind active as the day you stop working is the day you start dying.

linkcharm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Work, Work and work. Keep the mind active as the day you stop working is the day you start dying.

I agree, you should keep the mind active.

Thank you. I also read that eating foods with antioxidant properties can prevent dementia. For persons with dementia, going to doctor's appointments and therapy sessions are already an ordeal to the family.

Of course, it's important to go to therapy sessions and never miss a doctor's appointment

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try the following techniques. These might help you

Learn a second (or third, or fourth) language

Drink raw fruit and vegetable juices

Add a vitamin K supplement to your diet

Reduce stress

Commit to regular exercise

Laugh more

Run 15 miles per week.

Make time for meditation

Sleep better

Kira4455

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not a doctor, but I think training the brain like reading a lot, learning poems, or doing crossword puzzles might help.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think some supplements might help prevent it? I would like to get some from Canadian Pharmacy Online, for example, and I think they are pretty good. Vitamins and minerals are really important and very good for you. I would appreciate any input on it here, thank you in advance

Last edited:

iCloud

Established Member
Reaction score
My teacher at the language school says that learning a new language is very good for the brain, and also to slow down or prevent dementia.