Ways To Prevent Dementia: Need Advice

wrenchcast

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dementia is such a dreadful condition among the elderly. Can we prevent it from happening? What are the best ways to stop it from happening in the future?

linkcharm

My Regimen
Reaction score
A number of studies indicate that maintaining strong social connections and keeping mentally active might lower the risk of Dementia

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Work, Work and work. Keep the mind active as the day you stop working is the day you start dying.

linkcharm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Work, Work and work. Keep the mind active as the day you stop working is the day you start dying.

I agree, you should keep the mind active.

Thank you. I also read that eating foods with antioxidant properties can prevent dementia. For persons with dementia, going to doctor's appointments and therapy sessions are already an ordeal to the family.

Of course, it's important to go to therapy sessions and never miss a doctor's appointment

Rahul123

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try the following techniques. These might help you

Learn a second (or third, or fourth) language

Drink raw fruit and vegetable juices

Add a vitamin K supplement to your diet

Reduce stress

Commit to regular exercise

Laugh more

Run 15 miles per week.

Make time for meditation

Sleep better

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think some supplements might help prevent it? I would like to get some from Canadian Pharmacy Online, for example, and I think they are pretty good. Vitamins and minerals are really important and very good for you. I would appreciate any input on it here, thank you in advance

Last edited:

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My teacher at the language school says that learning a new language is very good for the brain, and also to slow down or prevent dementia.

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is a very good question, i think all people should think about that in advance, until it's too late. From the information i gathered for few years, here are the best way to avoid dementia in the future:
- as mentioned before - brain activities: reading, learning a new language, studying a new subject.
- general body check ups and tests. Lots of diseases can be treated or even prevented if you know about the danger of them. As older you get, more often you need to do it. Just did mine last week, very happy with labcorp customer service as always.
- avoid stress, that's our biggest enemy and best fried of all the illnesses
- sport and meditation are the best things we can do for our body.

Last edited:

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting, hydrogen water(many studies behind this don't dismiss as a scam), positive mental outlook

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to train your brain every single day. Watching tv and playing video games will not do any good for you here. I also read an article that there are some foods and supplements which help you to keep a clearer state of mind.

Last edited: