Wayne Rooney Couldn't Do Any More To Save His Hair.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He's also aged badly as well as poor hair genetics/crap transplants. I can't believe he is barely a year older than me. He looks decades older and it's not just because of hair. More common in 100% North Western European men to age so fast.
i think this is the point. his hairloss is quite agressive, probably his donor hairs have some sensibility to dht and without medication these are the results..

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is old pictures/story. He has been playing on live TV and his hair looks pretty good, and better than the pic posted above

See reply from InCider below. I've noticed Rooneys hair actually looks different every time I see him, it's to do with the concealer. Also they clearly aren't old photos; in the second photo he's wearing an Everton top and he only signed for Everton this season.

That's because Rooney's hair is caked with concealer when he's playing football and most of the time when he's not playing.

When he's not wearing concealer, he looks like the above.

Looks horrible overall. His hair calibre, density in donor area and on top - it's all fragile and thin looking. It really comes down to donor density/hair calibre in such aggressive cases which he wasn't blessed with. At most he has average supply.

Anymore surgery and he'll end up like this maybe:

https://baldingblog.com/2017/12/14/overharvested-donor-area-5000-fue-grafts-photo/

Holding onto native hair is most important even people with advanced loss:

https://baldingblog.com/2017/12/15/21-year-old-asian-can-transplant-hair-now-photo/

Donor density info:

https://baldingblog.com/2017/12/19/maximum-number-grafts-can-transplanted-photo/

I remember reading that those with thick wavy hair only need 40% coverage for something close to full hair appearance whereas those with fine/medium hair need 65% or something regardless of hair/skin contrast.

I do feel a bit sorry for him actually. For all his money, talent and fame he's obviously very insecure about his hair. It goes to show that if you have this kind of aggressive hair loss you're completely fucked even with all the best treatment :(. Also I can verify what you say about wavy hair. I'm about a Norwood 2.5 possibly 3 with recession at the temples and thinning at the front middle but because I've got thick, wirey hair it gives great coverage when I grow it out. I always have a wry smile when it's longer and I get comments about my "thick curly hair"!

Maintaining your physical integrity. Hair loss is about far more than attraction points to the opposite sex. Even if you are married, who wants to look ill (diffused), old (horseshoe) or identity-less (generic slick and shiny look).

Hair loss also taunts men by stripping them of control. Wrinkles, forehead lines, teeth, weight, muscle, all can be controlled to a certain extent. Aggressive hair loss can completely alter a man's image in 12-24 months. Dizzying.

Also, Rooney lives in the laddish, macho world of Premier League football. You can bet your bottom dollar he would have had to put up with relentless jokes and micky taking from his team mates when he started to lose his hair at such a young age.

what

Established Member
Reaction score
His donor hair is ridiculously thin. A small strip of hair from that sparse donor would never cover the massive amount of balding territory he has. He was never a good candidate for a transplant to begin with, and an ethical Doctor would have told him so.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See reply from InCider below. I've noticed Rooneys hair actually looks different every time I see him, it's to do with the concealer. Also they clearly aren't old photos; in the second photo he's wearing an Everton top and he only signed for Everton this season.

I do feel a bit sorry for him actually. For all his money, talent and fame he's obviously very insecure about his hair. It goes to show that if you have this kind of aggressive hair loss you're completely fucked even with all the best treatment :(. Also I can verify what you say about wavy hair. I'm about a Norwood 2.5 possibly 3 with recession at the temples and thinning at the front middle but because I've got thick, wirey hair it gives great coverage when I grow it out. I always have a wry smile when it's longer and I get comments about my "thick curly hair"!

Also, Rooney lives in the laddish, macho world of Premier League football. You can bet your bottom dollar he would have had to put up with relentless jokes and micky taking from his team mates when he started to lose his hair at such a young age.

Pics!

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where’s it say he uses finasteride?

I gotta wonder why he cares tbh, he’s married, got kids, has no trouble scoring outside of marriage lol. What’s the big deal?
Theres tens of millions watching him up close on a weekly basis.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
He's also aged badly as well as poor hair genetics/crap transplants. I can't believe he is barely a year older than me. He looks decades older and it's not just because of hair. More common in 100% North Western European men to age so fast.
Rooneys case is so bad and he is one of the least attractive athletes I've ever seen play for England.

He's lucky he's a millionaire otherwise his life would be pretty glum.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rooney's hair isn't that bad per se, but his hair transplants are exceptionally bad. I believe he has dealt with an extensive amount of shock loss too, more than usual. Luckily for Rooney, he will be first in line when Tsuji's done with his research.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a dick. And out of nowhere and for no reason, too. Wish he would've said that in person and the guy would've decked him.

These two are good friends believe it or not. That makes it worse though in a way. Carragher is a bit of a smarmy dick, the insult was uncalled for and not even funny.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Rooney's hair isn't that bad per se, but his hair transplants are exceptionally bad. I believe he has dealt with an extensive amount of shock loss too, more than usual. Luckily for Rooney, he will be first in line when Tsuji's done with his research.

Lol at the thought of Rooney with Zayne Malik hair after Tsuji. Hair transplants are accepted because they’re usually either a frame on a Norwood 5+ or a pre-emptive strike before hair loss has become really noticeable. Will be interesting how general public react to model hair on someone like Rooney

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at the thought of Rooney with Zayne Malik hair after Tsuji. Hair transplants are accepted because they’re usually either a frame on a Norwood 5+ or a pre-emptive strike before hair loss has become really noticeable. Will be interesting how general public react to model hair on someone like Rooney

Mind giving a bit of info about Tsuji?Never heard of it.

Frankthetank

Reaction score
His hair obviously looks shitty, but I think having the transplanted hair up front still helps a bit. It gives his face a frame. Slick bald may look OK on some guys, but almost everyone would look better with even a weak hairline like his

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, what a dick. And out of nowhere and for no reason, too. Wish he would've said that in person and the guy would've decked him.
Not really, the guy was also a pro footballer for Rooneys biggest rival team. I'm sure they've said much worse in the past lol
It's a dick move, true, but he tried to hit him where it hurts and surely succeeded

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mind giving a bit of info about Tsuji?Never heard of it.

Tsuji is the chief scientist in a Japanese team of researchers at Riken Institute and the most likely to be the first man to provide a reversible, permanent treatment for male pattern baldness, which will be available to the public in the early 2020's.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
These two are good friends believe it or not. That makes it worse though in a way. Carragher is a bit of a smarmy dick, the insult was uncalled for and not even funny.
Yeah, it was below the belt! Carra has to try and say the worst. Same with the Leicester player. It’s because he’s took so much stick when he first started with Liverpool.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If he’s so desperate for any sort of decent density on top and with his donor pretty weak, couldn’t he use up that body hair carpet? Bit frizzy but I’m sure It ill do the job.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji is the chief scientist in a Japanese team of researchers at Riken Institute and the most likely to be the first man to provide a reversible, permanent treatment for male pattern baldness, which will be available to the public in the early 2020's.

:eek: