Way to Tell the Difference Between Cowlick and a Bald Spot?

G

s.a.f said:
No offence intended Jayman I think that you may be in the early stages of m.p.b but to me it does'nt look particulaly agressive and you loss is barely visible. I just cant understand why you seem to be so affected by it. Everyone has the right to be worried about their appearance and I know you are fairly young so even a small loss can be a bit of a shock, but I think that you are letting it get to you too much judging by the amount of time you spend on here. Before I saw your pics I imagined you to be at about nw3/4. Thankfully you've got on the meds at this early stage so their is no need to be so overconcerned. Maybe you will lose some more over the coming years but my advice to you is dont worry about it so much, your hairloss is barely visible without the aid of a flashlight and magnifying glass. You are letting this obsession get in the way of just living in the best years of your life.

I think I will end up NW5/NW6 but I do see your point. It's my young age that makes my temple and crown recession devastating:

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
No offence intended Jayman I think that you may be in the early stages of m.p.b but to me it does'nt look particulaly agressive and you loss is barely visible. I just cant understand why you seem to be so affected by it. Everyone has the right to be worried about their appearance and I know you are fairly young so even a small loss can be a bit of a shock, but I think that you are letting it get to you too much judging by the amount of time you spend on here. Before I saw your pics I imagined you to be at about nw3/4. Thankfully you've got on the meds at this early stage so their is no need to be so overconcerned. Maybe you will lose some more over the coming years but my advice to you is dont worry about it so much, your hairloss is barely visible without the aid of a flashlight and magnifying glass. You are letting this obsession get in the way of just living in the best years of your life.

Lol, i think i have become obsessed also since visiting this forum.

sighs............

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think it affects all (balding) men to a certain degree. Some put on a front to pretend that they dont care but secretly they know as we do about the frustration and unfairness of it. Thats been my problem it destroyed my self confidence and I let it ruin what should have been the best yrs of my life, my 20's. If you can just deal with it thats great but the fact that we are all on this forum means that we are struggling with it. Mother nature is a b!tch. We just want to have what the majority of people take for granted.
Thats enough morose talk from me. :(

G

saf if you know how devastating it is, then why do you have to ask me why i'm so obsessed with it?

like you can see from pic i posted above that i have an island in front and am a nw2.

s.a.f

Reaction score
My mistake was to let it get to me too much! Especialy in the early stages. Unfortunatly I've always had a low self esteem thats why I come on the forums to try to advise young guys like yourself who are in the same situation I was. Personally I could'nt care less about some of these middle aged dudes who get a bit of temple recession or thin crown and act like its a tragedy.