Waxy Thing On Fallen Hair + Itchy Scalp And Oily Hair

Andrei88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

Almost one year now my hair loss got worse , my hair and scalp gets very oily in 2 days , I got a terrible itch all over the head and when I scratch my scalp there is a waxy white paste under my nails. Also everywhere I have this itch and I scratch, hair falls and has attached to it this waxy thing and it's not the bulb, it covers it and more.(please check photo, not mine but same issue). Does anyone has any clue what it might be?

thanks!

Attachments

• 50612730_10216214784214537_2928254246522454016_n.jpg
    50612730_10216214784214537_2928254246522454016_n.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 259

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Google seborric dermatitis....this may be what you have. Nizoral shampoo should help. 2-3 times a week.

Flagermus

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's probably sebum plugs. You can use a clarifying shampoo or a salicylic acid shampoo together with a scalp brush to dissolve and/or dislodge them.

Andrei88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's almost the same. Everywhere my scalp itches and I scratch, I get this white thing on my nails. The only difference is that on the sides and back is less oily then on the vertex and top of the scalp. Also my hair has a bad smell , even one day after I wash it ( some natural argan shampoo)

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
My theory is that sebum oxidation is the initial trigger of common baldness, in sides it is imposible that sebum can oxidize because is daily removed. They are in contact with a absorbent surface during the night. A corolary of this theory is that people with dense and thick hair are less prone to develop alopecia. And if we take in acconunt the lenght of scalp hair, it can explain the different incidence between sexes. Also can explain that the vertex (whorl) and front line are the areas more problematic with this issue.
But, I can be wrong ,....

Andrei88

My Regimen
Reaction score
My theory is that sebum oxidation is the initial trigger of common baldness, in sides it is imposible that sebum can oxidize because is daily removed. They are in contact with a absorbent surface during the night. A corolary of this theory is that people with dense and thick hair are less prone to develop alopecia. And if we take in acconunt the lenght of scalp hair, it can explain the different incidence between sexes. Also can explain that the vertex (whorl) and front line are the areas more problematic with this issue.
But, I can be wrong ,....
thank you! any other solution except jojoba? some more advises please

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
seborheis dermatitis

buy these 3 shampoos and alternate between them 3 times a week: nizoral, kertyol pso, selsun blue

Tinks69

My Regimen
Reaction score
My son has this and has had this for years. I was looking it up online today and found some thing called white piedra which is a fungal infection and treated by using ketoconazole and clotrimazole after washing. Oral meds maybe needed as it's stubborn. Whether it's the correct cause of yours or my son's I do not know.