Wax / Putty

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone regularly use wax or putty in their hair? I have been trying it for a couple days and I'm absolutely in love with it; it makes my hair look thick and full.

However, after I apply it, I get hairs all over my hands. I'm on the big3 but I don't think this is a shed because I just got through a shed a month ago, and I don't get hairs on my hands after I rub in the minoxidil (and I'm considerably rougher when rubbing in rogaine).

I'm not terribly concerned, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Epiphany

Reaction score
Don't worry about the hairs on your hand. Waxy gels can do much of the work a brush would do when you're running it through your hair. You'll naturally get dead hairs on your hand as the gel from the previous day would have held a lot of hair on your head that would have fallen out naturally, as part of its cycle.

Hope that helps.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
I use spiking glue which is basicaly the same thing as putty and absolutely love it. I buzz my head to a grade 4 and can still spike it so it stands straight in the front and on the top as well as make's the hair look thick and full. With regular hairgel I can't make it stand up at all and it only makes the hair appear wet and makes the scalp shine through.

-DH