Watery Sperm

muddyball

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 3-4 weeks, is it normal to be seeing watery sperm? Some occasions its looked worse than others, others it been pretty normal. Just wondering does it effect the sperm count at all.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a common side effect from finasteride. In some people it'll go away..in some people it wont (while they're on the drug). Watch your libido, morning erections, and things like that though...for me watery semen was the first sign of more sexual sides to come

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
Chris87 said:
This is a common side effect from finasteride. In some people it'll go away..in some people it wont (while they're on the drug). Watch your libido, morning erections, and things like that though...for me watery semen was the first sign of more sexual sides to come

I joined the forum, fairly recently, after Dr Lee was shut down by the FDA, to get advice on finding substitutes for his Xandrox products. The forum has been of enormous help in this. It never occurred to me, however, to look for advice on finasteride.

I had been on 1mg of finasteride for a good while. This is the recommended dose for male pattern baldness and I followed it unquestioningly.

I have two questions. (1) When people reduce their finasteride dose to try to stay on the drug AND reduce sexual sides, are they doing this because this is the received 'scientific' wisdom from research and from experienced 'experts' in the field? Or are they doing this out of a sort of common sense assumption that it might 'work for them'? In particular, do we have evidence on 'efficacy' when the recommended dose is reduced?

(2) I read that many posters up their finasteride dose, if they find after many years it does not seem to be having the same 'efficacy'. Again, do we have any scientific evidence on the wisdom/efficacy of doing this?

Chris87 could you say more about your 'sexual sides' to come and what you did about them and how did they repond to what you did do?

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the same side effect,but continued finasteride..and now it's gone :)

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
Xandroxuser said:
Chris87 said:

I have two questions. (1) When people reduce their finasteride dose to try to stay on the drug AND reduce sexual sides, are they doing this because this is the received 'scientific' wisdom from research and from experienced 'experts' in the field? Or are they doing this out of a sort of common sense assumption that it might 'work for them'? In particular, do we have evidence on 'efficacy' when the recommended dose is reduced?

(2) I read that many posters up their finasteride dose, if they find after many years it does not seem to be having the same 'efficacy'. Again, do we have any scientific evidence on the wisdom/efficacy of doing this?

Chris87 could you say more about your 'sexual sides' to come and what you did about them and how did they repond to what you did do?

As for your first question: I know there are a lot of guys that do this and say it works for them. Personally I started at .5mg..got sides..lowered to .25 sides got better for a few days but then came back just as bad. There might be studies on this..i dont know...With a lot of this stuff, no one wants to study it because they don't see the point, or there is no money, or whatever..so a lot of these intricate questions about finasteride can only be answered through other people trying things and figuring out what works. The medical establishment is in this to make money...they dont really care about doing studies on these little questions.

On your seconds question..again I don't know if there are studies on this, but I know a lot of guys do this and they say it helps. I've heard of guys who have been on finasteride for 10 years and they feel like 1mg isn't working as well anymore so they start taking 2mg or even more and they say it works. Again, its all about experimenting..because for a lot of these questions..there is no definite answer out there. With the way things are set up..many questions go unanswered by the medical community, therefor we have to take it into our own hands to see what works for us.

As far as my sides went... First I had slight pains in my balls (not all day..maybe a couple times a day)..then I noticed that when I would jerk off, barely anything would come out..and the stuff that would come out wouldnt be as white (it was more clear). I found that it was harder for me to get it up when it came time to have sex...normally I wouldnt even think about this..but I would notice I would be making out with a girl..and little to nothing would happen. Then when I finally did get it up I felt as though the erection wasnt as strong..and I would lose it quicker than usual..like it took constant stimulation to keep it up...for example..If i was f*****g a girl, and I stopped and went down on her..I would lose my erection whereas before that didn't happen. When I would c*m during sex, the volume of ejaculate was better than when masturbating, but it was not as thick, and it was mostly clear. Also my sex drive went down..I went from wanting to have sex everyday..to maybe once every 3 days or once a week even. Also my morning erections just went away completely. Another thing was I felt like my dick had this cold or numb feeling.

Anyway after reading around, I decided to try taking zinc, as I read that some of the sides might be caused by the raised estrogen level, and that large doses of zinc helped prevent testosterone from being turned into estrogen. So I began taking 100mg of zinc at night. This seemed to help a bit for a few days..but the sides would always remain.

To be honest I felt like i also lost a bit of girth in my dick during this time.

Anyway I was on finasteride for probably a little over a month before I finally said f*** it I'm quitting. It took a week or 2 for me to start getting morning wood again and for my c*m to return to normal...but I think my sex drive lagged for months after..or at least thats how I feel. I think now (over a year later) I am pretty much back to normal.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for nitpicking, but it's your semen, not your sperm, that is watery.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I was on .5mg for almost 3 years. I had watery semen from time to time, and initially it freaked me out. But then again, I'd never given a 2nd thought to the consistency of it before I started finasteride. I mean, why would I? It's quite possible that I would have different consistencies of it, but just never had a reason to pay attention.

Personally, I find that the less time it takes me to bust a nut, the more watery of a consistency it is. So...perhaps it's not the finasteride at all and I just never bothered to pay attention before.

I also upped my dose to 1.25mg early last year....and I noticed even better results in my crown.